Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Bailed On My Stock Funds

Ion
    Tired of riding the roller coaster! Even though Bernanke might lower the prime a 1/4 or 1/2 point next week, which might result in some buying, the lousy sub-prime mess will likely continue to trickle down into substantial sectors of our economy. Hell...even the evil "R" word has been muttered more and more lately. So, as the stocks drop, the bond & money market yeilds rise. That's where I'll be, waiting out the storm.
    Anyone care to speculate?

Havasu_Dreamin
    The DOW closed at 11, 396 on 9-11-06 and opened today at 13,113. A 15% increase. The DOW closed at 10, 678 on 9-9-05. An increase of 22.8%....I aint worried...

Lightning
    The market goes up and down and up and down...and over time goes up. Stay invested in good companies for the long haul and you'll be fine. But then again, what do I know

centerhill condor
    at some point, more cheap debt won't help the market. I think a rate cut and injecting more cheap debt are exactly what the market doesn't need. Remember all this is due to cheap money looking for higher returns.
    A market without risks is like a church without sin...
    In the end we'll have cheapened currency and higher rates. Gov't manipulation of the market doesn't work 'cause everybody gets greedy!
    You're supposed to sell in May and go away. I'm steppin' into real estate 'cause the price is down.
    CC

Stoneman
    The market goes up and down and up and down...and over time goes up. Stay invested in good companies for the long haul and you'll be fine. But then again, what do I know
    I've been shorting GM, HOG. for the last week!

totenhosen
    Tired of riding the roller coaster! Even though Bernanke might lower the prime a 1/4 or 1/2 point next week, which might result in some buying, the lousy sub-prime mess will likely continue to trickle down into substantial sectors of our economy. Hell...even the evil "R" word has been muttered more and more lately. So, as the stocks drop, the bond & money market yeilds rise. That's where I'll be, waiting out the storm.
    Anyone care to speculate?
    I guess you can move your money into havasu real estate because the prices will never go down there.

MikeF
    I'm up in the last 3 weeks w/ my purchases by quite a bit.......Now not to get too greedy and pull the $ off the table.:idea:

talkinghead
    Down = buying opportunities

TRIMMIN
    Put 25% in gold

shueman
    Like climbing stairs while dribbling a b'ball....:idea:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast