Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bahner jet boat history

AZJD
    I grew up on a 21' Bahner open bow jet. I would love to come across one in good shap. What a great boat.

RetroBoats
    He did make a few tunnels....correct ???

DesertDog
    I bought a new boat from Bahner in 1986,a 20.6 open bow.Had a hell of a time getting it,and made a few payments before I actually did get it(luckily I was working graveyard shift and was able to go to the shop alot).It was a great boat.One of the owners of Essex Boats was a Bahner rigger at the time.I believe at that time that Jerry VB was selling Bahners at Boat City in Azusa
    Yes,Bahner was building Barretta Boats for a short time.
    When Ultra Boats started,they used some of the same hulls as Bahner.
    Bought an Ultra from Jerry VB and Carter Reid(Ultimate Warlock)in 1993.The owner of Cobra Boats was the parts guy for Ultra at that time.
    The boat business has been strange in how people and hulls have went different directions so many times.
    Yes,Bahner had a tunnel,but I've seen very few of them.

NuckinFutz
    Can't comment on the former owner, but I did have a 1978 flatdeck that I loved. That Bahner was possibly the funnest toy I've ever owned. Not the most pratical and sold it when I decided two boats was to much. The boat was sold to a friend who ran it for a summer and something went south in the engine. The boat has been parked in a garage since, like 2001 and still don't know what went in the motor. The owner has went through hell losing a couple children in unexpected deaths and is now fighting like hell with cancer. I am tempted regularly in buying the boat back.

MBlaster
    I have a customer with a bitchin +- 20ft Bahner jet sitting in his garage with a bunch of crap stacked on top of it. He ran it last probably 5 years ago. Says it runs great but his wife won't ride in it anymore because he scared the shiat out of her in the jetboat. The guy just bought a 50 ft Hatteras. I think he'd let the Bahner go cheap.

bead
    I grew up on a 21' Bahner open bow jet. I would love to come across one in good shap. What a great boat.sell you this one, its still for sale. regarding the tunnel model , i came across someone selling the plug on ebay along with 4 other boat molds. ( maybe it was on craigs list ).

RetroBoats
    Sounds like Bahner were pretty good boats but the company just poor "management". Anyone out there have a pictures of the tunnel boat or any other for that matter ??

airchairmaster
    Bohner was my first jet boat. Great haul. Loved it. Got married had kids, kids grow up don't have room. had to sale it. I still see her flying down the river. She still looks good and sounds great. Now have the Family mastercraft. I've always heard that Ron liked the nose candy, lots and lots.

BoatPI
    Jerry Van Beek owns Vanquish Boats, also known as Genisis for awhile too. One of the Casillas brothers started Genisis a few years back, then it wandered to Van Beek. Van Beek's sister had the Genisis in her name for awhile, now in Van Beek's name. Van Beek's younger brother ran Ultra in the LA Canyon area, then had to drop the name years ago. I saw they were rigging Ultra's after the change over on owners from Van Beek to John West. Also Johnny Whitsett rigged leftover Ultra's a number of years back.
    So if you think the boat business dark side just has one name, like Bahner, think again..Van Beek, Whitsett, Bahner, and on. Just look at all of the back and forth on Genisis and Vanquish-Van Beek-Casillas. The Coast Guard ownership records. Awhile back I had a Genisis claim and found out they did not even have a business license for the Riverside location. So it is truly a know who you are dealing with in this business. A few years back I made a post about product libility, and placing you family in a boat where the builder does NOT have libility insurance. As mentioned then just imagine becoming injured or worse in a boat and you cannot recover damages from a company as they go BK, NO INSURANCE< etc. So in my opinion, check them out, and look towards long term insured companies, ie: Ultra under JW, Advantage, Elimiator, DCB, and many more. You be the judge.
    http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...il.aspx?id=LQI
    Genisis: http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...il.aspx?id=GXC

Yes I have tunnell on ebay right now. check it out. type in 1979 bahner jet boat. Hate like hell to have to sell it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1216.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	69  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast