Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Love Cycling....

RiverOtter
    1hr 37min and 1,537 calories burned http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/ban-cha.gif

superdave013
    you a Garmin Edge freak too?

RiverOtter
    you a Garmin Edge freak too?
    Haven't stepped up to that yet. Just got a Polar watch and a Cateye on my Bianchi

Froggystyle
    I have a Polar 720i that I have used for about three years and love it. I just got a new battery put in it as a matter of fact. While it was away though, I bought the new Garmin Edge 305 and fell in love with it. Totally cool being able to graph the ride, overlay on Google Earth etc... Coolest part of it is racing yourself on subsequent rides. You can program your last ride as a pacer, and then try to stay ahead of it to show improvement.
    I usually burn over 1,000 calories per hour on the bike. I get a slightly better workout on the eliptiglider on a calorie per hour basis, but infinitely more fun on the Mountain bike.
    BTW Dave, I broke the steerer tube on my Yeti from riding it a bit too hard. New frame is coming in tomorrow. Immediate replacement, this years bike.

RiverOtter
    I bought the new Garmin Edge 305 and fell in love with it. Totally cool being able to graph the ride, overlay on Google Earth etc... Coolest part of it is racing yourself on subsequent rides. You can program your last ride as a pacer, and then try to stay ahead of it to show improvement.
    I usually burn over 1,000 calories per hour on the bike. I get a slightly better workout on the eliptiglider on a calorie per hour basis, but infinitely more fun on the Mountain bike.
    BTW Dave, I broke the steerer tube on my Yeti from riding it a bit too hard. New frame is coming in tomorrow. Immediate replacement, this years bike.
    I gotta get that Garmin. I don't do much mtn biking mostly road. But weekend before last I entered a 42 miles mtn bike race. Had not ridden my mtn bike (which is an old Specialized Hot Rock hard tail) in over a year. I've done pleanty of road biking though. I completed a 3 state 3 mtn century ride. Resting heart rate of 42. I'm in pretty good shape. Well............. that 42 mile mtn bike race kicked my arse!!!! Hardest thing I've competed in and done so poorly. Totaly hume a lated and m bare assed Burned 5,500+ cal on that ride.

Froggystyle
    I gotta get that Garmin. I don't do much mtn biking mostly road. But weekend before last I entered a 42 miles mtn bike race. Had not ridden my mtn bike (which is an old Specialized Hot Rock hard tail) in over a year. I've done pleanty of road biking though. I completed a 3 state 3 mtn century ride. Resting heart rate of 42. I'm in pretty good shape. Well............. that 42 mile mtn bike race kicked my arse!!!! Hardest thing I've competed in and done so poorly. Totaly hume a lated and m bare assed Burned 5,500+ cal on that ride.
    Well, the Polar is pretty cool too. Lots of info, most of the stuff the Garmin does but with the GPS function for mapping the ride.
    I'll sell you the Polar for $200 with the IR reciever, new unused speed sensor and magnet, used speed sensor and magnet (use them for two bikes, road and mountain) and the killer coded soft fabric heart strap... $349 for the unit alone in stores, plus the other stuff would put it well over $425.
    I don't need it anymore with the Garmin. I wouldn't have bought the Garmin myself, but it was a gift. Definitely more gidgy gadgy, but doesn't have some of the functions of the Polar either.

Froggystyle
    Just looking at the Polar... Pretty cool little unit. It measures temperature, grade, altitude, total ascended, total descended, heart rate, average heart rate, speed, pace, average speed etc...

superdave013
    I don't need it anymore with the Garmin. I wouldn't have bought the Garmin myself, but it was a gift. Definitely more gidgy gadgy, but doesn't have some of the functions of the Polar either.
    my Garmin was a gift also. Something cool to have but would have never spent the money on it.
    Anyway, just what I wish the 305 had the new ones do. But no way would I have that much coin sitting on top of the bars.
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=160&pID=10884
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=160&pID=10885

RiverOtter
    Well, the Polar is pretty cool too. Lots of info, most of the stuff the Garmin does but with the GPS function for mapping the ride.
    I'll sell you the Polar for $200 with the IR reciever, new unused speed sensor and magnet, used speed sensor and magnet (use them for two bikes, road and mountain) and the killer coded soft fabric heart strap... $349 for the unit alone in stores, plus the other stuff would put it well over $425.
    Wife has put the KiBosh on me buying anything for a while. Next purchase will be the Garmin.

superdave013
    I did a 44 mile/ 8,800' one last year. I tried to train some for it. Ended up getting the flu right before it. But in a nut shell I was the only fat guy out there. lol Needless to say I suffered. But we still did some extra credit single tracks along the way.
    Here is the goods
    44.67 miles, 8,851' total ascent, 8,787' descent, 5,865 calories, total time 8:43:17! The dude that won it did it in 3 hours and change. :jawdrop:
    here's the route
    http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=69
    And that's the short one, the long one is 55.2 miles with over 11K of climbing. Froggy is going to kick everyone's ass on the next one coming up. I'm just going to try and finish better and suffer less on the short course.
    Here is froggy's route to be. lol
    http://www.geoladders.com/show_route...1&route_id=489

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast