Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foundation Problems South OC

mikefd024
    I am having foundation problems with my home in San Clemente, walls cracking etc. I know that alot of people have problems with in South OC, but 1/4" cracks in drywall is a little to much. Who do you call to check it out, and does homeowners ins. cover things like this??? Input Please...

Havasu1986
    Do you live on a hill.

Not So Fast
    Bluebird Canyon, hope thats not you NSF

AZJD
    I am having foundation problems with my home in San Clemente, walls cracking etc. I know that alot of people have problems with in South OC, but 1/4" cracks in drywall is a little to much. Who do you call to check it out, and does homeowners ins. cover things like this??? Input Please...
    Call your insurance company and have them recommend a home inspection company....

mikefd024
    Well I don't live on a hill, and I talked to Ins. company they told to talk to a inspector. But I have no idea which kind of inspector to talk to, so help here would be nice. Anyone have an idea who to call???

cc322
    Try the city, and then the county of orange. Any of your neighbors experiencing the same thing or is it isolated on youor property?

Try calling the Reg. of Contractors.

75 spectra V-drive
    Expansive soil? raised foundation? when was it built? Would not happen on a modern slab. ( post tension)

Floatin'
    In South OC you want to call these guys. Frank Ultimo has been doing this stuff for years. www.geotechnical.com

Faceaz
    Probably expansive soil. Soils with a lot of clays will really have that effect. I would call a few soils engineering companies, till you found one familiar with your area. They might now right away if your area is known for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast