Thread: Lamb Steak recommendations

buzzaro
    Never done lamb steaks before and looking for recipes you guys use and like. I plan on grilling them. So what have you got?

centerhill condor
    Lamb is awesome. I prefer some garlic salt and don't take them much past rare! Grill over coals or electric.
    You'll work your way up to leg of lamb...I usually marinate with garlic and olive oil for a couple/three days. The grill over mesquite coals.
    Enjoy!
    CC

Baja Big Dog
    Pizano (sp) wine, bunch chopped green onions, two tbls oregano, four cloves garlic chopped up, some pepper.
    Mix it up, soak steaks in for at least a day, two is better, turning over couple times a day, barbeque slow, using mesquite coals, and don't over cook, they are great a little rare, since they basically are cooked after marinating.
    Serve with some rice pilaf, and some dolma (grape leaves stuffed with ground lamb, pork, and beef)
    After cooking call my ass up, Ill be over in a flash.
    Mom's old Armenian recipe.

32sunrkt
    soak in fresh squeezed lemon juice & a few sliced garlic cloves.Let sit for 10 min.... Drizzle a little olived oil & grill away to your desired wellness... rare, mid-rare or med. ** Serve with sliced cucumbers, onion's, Tomatoes & feta. Plated with some fresh heated pita bread and some olive oil.. glass of vino..

Racey
    <-Half New Zealander
    For really good mint sauce take some apple cider vinegar and add plain sugar and finely diced mint leaves to taste, then you spoon it over the top before you eat.... mmmmmm

boatsnblondes
    Pizano (sp) wine, bunch chopped green onions, two tbls oregano, four cloves garlic chopped up, some pepper.
    Mix it up, soak steaks in for at least a day, two is better, turning over couple times a day, barbeque slow, using mesquite coals, and don't over cook, they are great a little rare, since they basically are cooked after marinating.
    Serve with some rice pilaf, and some dolma (grape leaves stuffed with ground lamb, pork, and beef)
    After cooking call my ass up, Ill be over in a flash.
    Mom's old Armenian recipe.
    Mmmmm...sounds good...all I ever get around here is leg of lamb....good, but this sounds great also..

DMOORE
    We cook a lot of lamb here at the homestead. Medeterranian(sp?) style. Fresh rosemary from the garden, olive oil , a splash of lemon and allspice, salt, pepper. Marinate for 1 hour. Slow cook on grill to 145 degrees. Delicious. BTW The wife also makes killer stuffed peppers and tomatos with lamb.
    Darrell.