Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al G vs PETA

Old Texan
    It's only fair that a group of extreme idiots take on "The" main Idiot......
    Al is so F'd up he can't even please his own kind.:devil:
    Activists take Al Gore to task on his diet
    By Philip Sherwell, Sunday Telegraph
    Last Updated: 12:52pm BST 10/09/2007
    He may be the hero of the environmental movement for his crusade against global warming but Al Gore is about to be targeted by animal rights activists over his carnivorous contribution to greenhouse gases.
    Al Gore has come under fire for failing to highlight the impact of animal agriculture
    Citing United Nations research that the meat industry is worse for the environment than driving and flying, animal rights groups are directing a campaign at the former American vice-president's diet.
    When he delivers a lecture on global warming in Denver next month, protesters will display billboards bearing a cartoon image of Mr Gore eating a drumstick and the message: "Too chicken to go vegetarian? Meat is the No 1 cause of global warming".
    The campaign is being organised by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) and is backed by other animal rights groups.
    "For Al Gore, the fact that his diet is a leading contributor to global warming is a highly inconvenient truth - pun intended," said Matt Prescott, a spokesman for Peta.
    Mr Gore won an Oscar this year for An Inconvenient Truth, the documentary based on his lecture-circuit presentation detailing how man is allegedly destroying the environment.
    But he is now under fire for failing to highlight the impact of meat-eating.
    According to recent UN Food and Agriculture Organisation research, animal agriculture generates 18 per cent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions - more than the 13.5 per cent produced by all forms of transport combined.
    Mr Gore's eating habits have previously drawn attention only because of his dramatic weight fluctuations.
    He cut a far slimmer figure in the run-up to the 2000 election than since - and observers would regard a reduction in his waistline as a likely sign that he intends join the Democrats' race for the White House next year.

eliminatedsprinter
    It will be interesting to see if the left reacts by rejecting PETA and their ever increasing insanity or will they cave in and pretend to go vegan (it's not enough to be a vegitarian, you must embrace the vegan lifestyle).

centerhill condor
    who knew I'm killing the planet by eating KFC on the Condor? Do you ever get the idea these people have just waaaay tooooo much time on their hands?
    CC

Schiada76
    The Algore, an incontinent truth.

eliminatedsprinter
    Vice President Al Herbivore...

ULTRA26 # 1
    It will be interesting to see if the left reacts by rejecting PETA and their ever increasing insanity or will they cave in and pretend to go vegan (it's not enough to be a vegitarian, you must embrace the vegan lifestyle).
    The whole PETA movement, and it's cow fart GW position, seems to be a stretch. I'm not a vegan and don't plan to become one anytime soon. No doubt animals emit some methane and trying to tie this to the climate change issue seems appropriate for their cause. But I'm not buying it. If all of the activists had their way, we would all be riding bicycles while eating nuts, beans and berries. I would be interested to hear where the PETA folks believe our Country's people would get a proper protein supply if everyone followed their vegan ways. No doubt from the legume family. Funny thing is that following a vegan diet would cause a serious increase in methane emissions from people. Then what?

never_fast_enuf
    Ultra, this is exactly why I take issue with the whole "man made global warming" platform to begin with. It is anything but science and all about politics.

'75 Miller
    peta are a bunch of loons. If they had their way they'd ban the consumption of meat in everyone's diet.

eliminatedsprinter
    True. To PETA eating animals is immoral. The fact that it is not possible to get enough vit b12 from a completely vegan diet means nothing to them. A few years ago PETA advocated feeding dogs and cats an all vegitarian diet (something that I feel is cruel to dogs and cats). Now they equate having dogs and cats to slavery. If these people had their way the only way most normal people would get to glympse most of the worlds animal species would be on TV.

'75 Miller
    True. To PETA eating animals is immoral. The fact that it is not possible to get enough vit b12 from a completely vegan diet means nothing to them. A few years ago PETA advocated feeding dogs and cats an all vegitarian diet (something that I feel is cruel to dogs and cats). Now they equate having dogs and cats to slavery. If these people had their way the only way most normal people would get to glympse most of the worlds animal species would be on TV.
    Yup. And what side of the political spectrum would you say peta falls on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast