Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Al G vs PETA

eliminatedsprinter
    Yup. And what side of the political spectrum would you say peta falls on?
    For the most part they are part of the Looney Left. A tiny minority of them are extreme right wing Libertarians. Either way they are nutty fringe.
    P.S. I don't feel most Libertarians are nutty fringe. However being so Libertarian that you would grant human civil rights to all animals is.

Schiada76
    I really don't understand the problem with People Eating Tasty Animals.

'75 Miller
    For the most part they are part of the Looney Left. A tiny minority of them are extreme right wing Libertarians.
    HMMM. Very interesting.

'75 Miller
    Exactly! I have that bumper sticker on my truck. Love pissin' off the loons.
    Right next to it is my favorite, though the colors are starting to fade. It simply says--------------Democrat National Committee------------institutionalized treason.

ULTRA26 # 1

Old Texan
    I've always had this theory about how people view our food source, in particular "Meat". Back in the late 80's and early 90's many were investing in Emu and Ostrich as the low cholesterol, low fat replacemant for beef. Bad investment due to perception caused from bad marketing.
    Unfortunately the marketing for "Bird Steak" projected this new meat as "Big Bird" rather than just a meat source that was "healthy". They never took into account that hamburgers were marketed as a patty of ground beef on a fresh baked bun, not as a big sad eyed glamorous looking angus heifer.
    It's all in perception and the emotional effect.
    Of course Al G obviously has been percieved as a big dummy by both sides. Everyone got it right on this one.......:devil:

eliminatedsprinter
    I actually enjoy seeing nutbags and charletons wasting their time and resources infighting (as long as it's not our tax money in congress).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12