Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Happened To Man Vs. Wild?

AZJD
    Have you been drinking today already?
    :messedup:
    That's funny, I just asked Matt that on another thread.....
    Yes!

Ziggy
    I like them both but thought Bear was better at entertaining while Les shows you his puffy toenail or something delicious like that after hanging out in a cave for 3 days.
    Bear you'd at least have anxiety, is he gonna fall from the 80 foot tree he just climbed?!?!?! .
    Les, I wonder who took those video's of him on the other side of the lake he had to circumvent for the past hour and a half.:idea:
    Both shows, regardless of acting authenticity, would give you real survival tips that any one of us could use in the wild.

Racey
    I thought Man vs. Wild was a joke from the first time i saw it, how can the guy be really roughing it when he obviously has a camera crew filming him the whole time, I started out on Survivorman, Les kicks that guys ass, it's takes a real expert to do what he does, and have the film himself for the whole week.

Froggystyle
    Bear is a bitch, Les is the real deal.
    The reason you are scared for Bear is that he is taking unrealistic risks that are terrible to insinuate that someone in a survival situation would dream of taking. Breath holds for indeterminate distances, 80 foot drops, downclimbing blind etc... You would never take those kinds of chances when you are screwed enough to be on E&E status in the first place.
    Les is real. He is really out there, really cold, really scared at times and really a bad ass. He doesn't eat gross stuff to be gross... he eats it to try to make the hunger monster go away. The only snares he tries are the ones that work, but strangely enough, rabbits don't magically appear in noose snares... but scorpions drop into cups after exiting their holes. So, he gets stuck eating scorpions. Fishing never works. Deadfall snares do work. Traps are empty the next morning. Fire burns, toes get infected, Puma's chase you.
    I really enjoy watching Les. I was really, really down on Bear and called that it was staged and stupid well before he was outed. There is no way he is freezing his chicken off with a warm and snuggly camera crew right there. Further, there is no way a camera crew is going to spend the night out in the shit just to make sure they are on site if Bear hears a spooky noise.
    Plus... stupid name. I bet he gave it to himself.

superdave013
    there was another one on one of the military channels of the guy that escaped from Iraq. He was not only surviving while being chased by other ex special forces guys. I saw 3 of them and like them. Never see them on anymore.

riverracerXXX
    [QUOTE=Wizard29;2781319]Might be a repost, but what happened to Bear Grylls and the show?
    Survivorman kicked his ass.

Phat Matt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast