Thread: GPS speedo problem

HALLETT BOY
    Anyone know how to trouble-shoot a non- working GPS speedo ? It seems to do it's start up routine , but doesn't register speed when under-way.

LakeRacer
    Where is the antenna mounted? And I suppose you have already checked the wires and made sure they are connected right? And besides speed, does it give any other readouts?

HALLETT BOY
    Where is the antenna mounted? And I suppose you have already checked the wires and made sure they are connected right? And besides speed, does it give any other readouts?
    Antenna is mounted right above gauge, wires all connected , no other readouts .
    Initially , gauge worked sometimes...now needle just hangs at 20 mph...

LakeRacer
    If possible, maybe try another guage (I didn't know they made hookups for needle guages?) and/or try a digital readout to see of the gps and antenna is working correctly.

Racey
    if 20mph is the needle laying flat pointing directly level and left, i believe that is an antenna/sattelite signal error, look online at autometers site, there are 3 positions it will point depending on what error it is.... 90deg left, straight up, 90deg right...

hkunz
    Does it have a clear view of the southern sky? Mine won't initialize in the garage, not the Livorsi, nor the Garmins (all three). It also went "dead" in the canyons at Powell, then came right back when it got a clear view again.

TUNNEL T
    it is also possible the puck whent bad on you , same issue this past weekend on a friends boat . un silicone someone elses puck and see what happens .TUNNEL T

plaster dave
    Mine is doing the same thing and I think it is the ant. is bad cause mine worked for 2 years and now doesn't.

River Lynchmob
    Mine did the same thing and then last weekend the needle fell off so it's time to get a new one.

Try contacting Autometer. Mine is a Livorsi and when it went out (constantly pointed 90 to the right after start-up) they had me send it to them, they tested it, e-mailed me that it was bad and sent me a new one. All it cost me was the shipping to Livorsi.
    Good luck.