Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: See a boat broken down...STOP TO HELP!!!

Wozencraft
    A week ago Friday my wife, kids and I launched from Cottonwood Cove on Lake Mohave. We were roughly 15 miles north of the marina when the boat wouldn't start. Without even signaling anyone over, a guy named Chris, and his family stopped by to help. His dad and he both got in our boat trying to trouble-shoot the problem. He ended up towing us back for 2 hours in his 27' Dana. For the 2 hours he spent towing us, using his gas, and taking time away from his family vacation, he would NOT take ANY money for his time or gas! I tried numerous times giving him money for the tow, or to stop at the gas dock at Cottonwood to fill up his Dana. He wouldn't take it...nonthing!
    If any of you know this guy, you need to tell him he's a real STAR and a gentleman! I remember him saying that he's a member on this board with the name of Chubby...something ?
    Do any of you know this guy, Chris?
    Wherever you are Chris, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! You were very kind to help us out in need. When you purchase your next DCB, allow me to pay for part of your insurance! ...if you'll even allow me.
    Devin Wozencraft

GETSOME
    Its good to know that there are still good people out there

WYRD
    Glad you got help, there is a great number of great boaters out there who are willing to help and the gratification (sp) is enough for them to do just that help.
    Hope the fix wasnt too much
    WYRD

XtrmWakeborder
    That is why I love boating... River/Lake people are the best. I have been broken down a few times on the way to the river, and the only place people have stopped to help have been close to the river. Anytime I break down in OC or the IE I have never been given a second look.

OGShocker
    You gotta love those "Dana" people.
    I am not sure who he is but, we'll try to find out for you.
    Describe his boat for me, please

RitcheyRch
    Glad to hear someone stopped to help out a fellow boater.

Wozencraft
    You gotta love those "Dana" people.
    I am not sure who he is but, we'll try to find out for you.
    Describe his boat for me, please
    I actually don't really remember the gel coat scheme much. I mostly saw the back of his boat.
    It was a closed bow and he said he lives somewhere in No. Cal. I believe he said he cruises the delta frequently.
    Devin

SummitKarl
    A week ago Friday my wife, kids and I launched from Cottonwood Cove on Lake Mohave. We were roughly 15 miles north of the marina when the boat wouldn't start. Without even signaling anyone over, a guy named Chris, and his family stopped by to help. His dad and he both got in our boat trying to trouble-shoot the problem. He ended up towing us back for 2 hours in his 27' Dana. For the 2 hours he spent towing us, using his gas, and taking time away from his family vacation, he would NOT take ANY money for his time or gas! I tried numerous times giving him money for the tow, or to stop at the gas dock at Cottonwood to fill up his Dana. He wouldn't take it...nonthing!
    If any of you know this guy, you need to tell him he's a real STAR and a gentleman! I remember him saying that he's a member on this board with the name of Chubby...something ?
    Do any of you know this guy, Chris?
    Wherever you are Chris, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! You were very kind to help us out in need. When you purchase your next DCB, allow me to pay for part of your insurance! ...if you'll even allow me.
    Devin Wozencraft
    that would be Chubby4life...Chris.....one of the good guys and thats one nice Dana he has...
    here is his profile you can send him a PM
    Chris (http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=11772)

WYRD
    I remember a time when I first bought my Advantage. There was this group of (at the most 18) teenagers, the driver was arrested for DUI and the boat was released to the rest of the group. They were in a beat up old bayliner and no one knew how to drive. We offered our assistance and towed them back to cattail cove, the smiles on their faces were so big I still can see them today. in the words of Jordy "Boaters helping Boaters"

squirt'nmyload
    I remember a time when I first bought my Advantage. There was this group of (at the most 18) teenagers, the driver was arrested for DUI and the boat was released to the rest of the group. They were in a beat up old bayliner and no one knew how to drive. We offered our assistance and towed them back to cattail cove, the smiles on their faces were so big I still can see them today. in the words of Jordy "people helping people"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast