Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TV shopping.

dmontzsta
    Would someone just shoot me? Jeez, so many options and I am very indecisive. I just bought a 60" LG Plasma for the office and now I want to buy a new TV for my bedroom. I must admit the LG was strictly impulse for the office, we went to Best Buy and bought the biggest TV that looked the tightest. Now, when it comes to the home/bedroom, I want to be a little more wise, since it is not company money.
    What is the best option? I definitely want 1080p only, sine that is the future. But LCD vs. Plasma? All of the pictures on the TV's from 40"-47" look totally different and it is hard to tell which actually looks better. The guy also told me they calibrate the ones on display to look the best and they could calibrate mine for $200? does that sound right?
    I am hoping some TV gurus will step in and help out.
    Thanks.

disco_charger
    I had been watching for a while, and this weekend I hooked up a Sharp Aquos 46" LCD 1080. Got the HD Direct to go with it, and it looks great. I was looking at a Samsung, but it was $1K more. I paid 1799 for the Sharp. Might not be the best, but it looked good all weekend for football and seemed like a hell of a deal.
    On another note, anyone else with HD Direct notice NBC looks bad?

dmontzsta
    I had been watching for a while, and this weekend I hooked up a Sharp Aquos 46" LCD 1080. Got the HD Direct to go with it, and it looks great. I was looking at a Samsung, but it was $1K more. I paid 1799 for the Sharp. Might not be the best, but it looked good all weekend for football and seemed like a hell of a deal.
    On another note, anyone else with HD Direct notice NBC looks bad?
    I think I actually looked at that TV, but I find myself standing there going crazy not knowing what to do, sort of in a panic. Sounds like you can actually put your thoughts together and make a decision.

Buddy
    Im looking also at a Vizio 60" Plasma at Costco they sell for $2500, or Im looking at buying a smaller better name like the Sharp. But the biggest one is my favorite right now!

98 Vector 21
    We have a 32 Vizio in our bedroom and love it......

Jordy
    Ask Roz... Wait, you said TV question and he's a pool guy. Nevermind. :notam:

Jyruiz
    Would someone just shoot me? Jeez, so many options and I am very indecisive. I just bought a 60" LG Plasma for the office and now I want to buy a new TV for my bedroom. I must admit the LG was strictly impulse for the office, we went to Best Buy and bought the biggest TV that looked the tightest. Now, when it comes to the home/bedroom, I want to be a little more wise, since it is not company money.
    What is the best option? I definitely want 1080p only, sine that is the future. But LCD vs. Plasma? All of the pictures on the TV's from 40"-47" look totally different and it is hard to tell which actually looks better. The guy also told me they calibrate the ones on display to look the best and they could calibrate mine for $200? does that sound right?
    I am hoping some TV gurus will step in and help out.
    Thanks.
    I think DILLIGAF would be happy to do you that favor.
    For the bedroom and that size, I would not get to hung up over 1080p, you will not see the difference unless you are 4' from the set and you know what to look for.
    What do equipment do they use for calibration, good calibrators usually charge $400 and up depending on how many inputs you want calibrated. And they also have very expensive equipment to calibrate with. If it is a basic calibration, I can help you with that.
    And the best option is what ever looks best to you, but if you want my opinion on certain TVs, PM me and I will give you my opinion.

Not So Fast
    I think DILLIGAF would be happy to do you that favor.
    For the bedroom and that size, I would not get to hung up over 1080p, you will not see the difference unless you are 4' from the set and you know what to look for.
    What do equipment do they use for calibration, good calibrators usually charge $400 and up depending on how many inputs you want calibrated. And they also have very expensive equipment to calibrate with. If it is a basic calibration, I can help you with that.
    And the best option is what ever looks best to you, but if you want my opinion on certain TVs, PM me and I will give you my opinion.
    Juan seems to know his stuff when it comes to home theater and certainly led me in the right direction on my new Samsung DLP with the new LED light engine. Thanks again Juan NSF

Jyruiz
    Juan seems to know his stuff when it comes to home theater and certainly led me in the right direction on my new Samsung DLP with the new LED light engine. Thanks again Juan NSF
    I was glad to help Bobby.

dmontzsta
    I agree, he is a smart one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast