Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multi port or big plate nitrous????

IMPATIENT 1
    i've got alittle $$$ saved up for my nitrous kit and i'm stuck on the rails on what system to run. i want something that'll go to at least 450hp in 2stages and can't decide on what kit to go with. i'm runnin a single dominator on a victor intake. what's everyone's preference??
    how hard are the multi port systems to plumb? do they send ya the tool to bend the lines or do i have to buy 1?
    is there any disadvantage in the new big hp 2 stage nitrous plate set-ups with the nozzle style plates like nitrous works makes?? they call them magnum x kits.
    help a feller get the most bang for buck

Sleeper CP
    You might want to consider a plenum spray bar system.
    We have run one for the past 12 years. Call a few of the Nitrous companies and ask them what the cost to install one is. I love the way it has worked. I also like the fact that it is real stealth.
    Our current one is good for up to 350 HP. You may want to consider it.
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover

the tools you need to plumb your own system are sold seperate but they are readily available, jegs or summit would have them. You can buy all the individual pieces for a nitrous system rather than a kit as well..
    How about a fogger system and a plate? Or a 2 stage fogger? You could run 450hp on a single fogger but I hear its safer to do it with 2 stages.
    Good luck

IMPATIENT 1
    the tools you need to plumb your own system are sold seperate but they are readily available, jegs or summit would have them. You can buy all the individual pieces for a nitrous system rather than a kit as well..
    How about a fogger system and a plate? Or a 2 stage fogger? You could run 450hp on a single fogger but I hear its safer to do it with 2 stages.
    Good luck
    here's the 2 plate kits i'm lookin at buyin:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nitro...QQihZ010QQitem Z200149557122QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    and
    http://www.dougherbert.com/dualstage...em-p-8998.html
    the atomizer style plate is supposed to be the "shiat" as far as plates go other than the perimeter system zex makes(they only go to 300 though). the atomizer kit goes to 425 in 2stages, the fogger style plate kit goes to 550hp(which i'll never spray!).
    i think a fogger would be to much work to install for a newbie with no prior experience plumbing them, so a plate kit is the way i'm gonna go, in 2stages up to 425-450hp. just can't find a kit thats "perfect" yet. what do yall think about the 2 listed abouve in the links??

BOOGEYMAN
    Personaly I suggest a fogger for anything over 200 but thats just me. The tunability with a Fogger far excedes a plate system and the hit is much better/harder than a plate as well(wich may not matter for lake racing). A fogger is very simple to install its just time consuming is all, the kits come with the tap and usually the drill bit and you can get a nice bender for under $75.
    I like to run just one big system so you are only dealing with one fuel curve and not two, less tuning and maintence. If hooking up so to speak is a problem just run it on a progressive or timer set up, its prety simple.
    Go check out www.yellowbullet.com and ask all you want in the nitrous section or ask for monty and he will have all your answers as well, Chris spent some time over there as well when he was researching his set up's.
    I have a buddy who is a dealer for cold fussion nitrous and he sells a sweet fogger thats good for up to 600hp for a better deal than you can get on any other fogger thats comparable.
    hope all works out for ya,
    Travis

hotbo
    well tom we have both talked this over on the phone,imo the fogger for such a big shot[s is the best way to go.plus it looks killer fo sho all them lines if i ever build a bigger setup and run more than 200 spray ill be going to a fooger theres some reason chops running it:idea:

IMPATIENT 1
    Personaly I suggest a fogger for anything over 200 but thats just me. The tunability with a Fogger far excedes a plate system and the hit is much better/harder than a plate as well(wich may not matter for lake racing). A fogger is very simple to install its just time consuming is all, the kits come with the tap and usually the drill bit and you can get a nice bender for under $75.
    I like to run just one big system so you are only dealing with one fuel curve and not two, less tuning and maintence. If hooking up so to speak is a problem just run it on a progressive or timer set up, its prety simple.
    Go check out www.yellowbullet.com and ask all you want in the nitrous section or ask for monty and he will have all your answers as well, Chris spent some time over there as well when he was researching his set up's.
    I have a buddy who is a dealer for cold fussion nitrous and he sells a sweet fogger thats good for up to 600hp for a better deal than you can get on any other fogger thats comparable.
    hope all works out for ya,
    Travis
    i wanna stay plate for eaze of install, i'll puck up my intake or the lines trying to plumb the intake with my luck plus, i may sell the boat next spring or summer, so i want something i can pull off quik if a buyer wants to jew me down on the boat

IMPATIENT 1
    well tom we have both talked this over on the phone,imo the fogger for such a big shot[s is the best way to go.plus it looks killer fo sho all them lines if i ever build a bigger setup and run more than 200 spray ill be going to a fooger theres some reason chops running it:idea:
    check out the 2nd one i linked trav, its supposed to do the same thing the perimeter set up does, i called barry grant this mornin and talked with them about it and what i was wanting to do, they said stick to plate cause i wouldn't notice any difference between multi port or plate on the water.they said they had great a.f ratio's outta each cylinder with their atomizer plates, which was near impossible with the old style plates.

BOOGEYMAN
    you have a pm.
    Travis

hotbo
    check out the 2nd one i linked trav, its supposed to do the same thing the perimeter set up does, i called barry grant this mornin and talked with them about it and what i was wanting to do, they said stick to plate cause i wouldn't notice any difference between multi port or plate on the water.they said they had great a.f ratio's outta each cylinder with their atomizer plates, which was near impossible with the old style plates.
    well im sorry if this affends anyone,**** barry grant they suck ive had to many of there shit carbs i couldnt make work to hell with there nos kits im scared:jawdrop: and no im not that stupid i can tune a carb just for the smart ass comments,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast