Just got back last night from a 3 day trip to Havasu.
I have one heck of a boat. I was towing my wife on her new wakeboard. I was also towing someone else who is a very experianced skier. She said its a perfect wakeboard boat. We went for a cruise down past Steamboat, up to the sandbar a few times.
This motor rocks. Starts so good, runs great, and gots some killer power. Sounds like the motor is not even working hard untill over 5k. After 5k it just sounds pissed off. The headers and Gibson tips are so quiet. until I hit the sencondaries. I got even more complements on how good and clean it sounds. I did get on the throttle bit, not WOT yet. The boat likes the power. I felt the hull lifting and pickin up some speed. I think next trip out I am gonna get a GPS on the thing.
This tunnel can handle the Havasu chop great. I would never go on a big weekend, but this past weekend was perfect.
Fuel consuption is not bad either. I went from the channel to steamboat to the sandbar and back to the channel and used 13 gallons. That is with some high speed cruising, (about 5k) with a few bursts. The best felling is when cruising aobut 3600 and hitting the thottle for a few seconds. It pulls as hard as my 18' Southwind did.
I do think I need an inducer though. I have to feather the throttle when gettin on plane fast. Likes to cavitate. Will a "AA" imp help this?
Anyway, Thanks HFD for a heck of a build and to Westech for some nice turnkey tuning.