Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my daytona v-drive

taylormanss
    here is a couple pics from laborday weekend.

beaverfab
    I know that boat it has my old C500 in it with 15's in it. Should of had a 460 ford in it that came out of my old boat to. Really nice looking boat. j.j.

taylormanss
    so will it run better with more hp? did it have a blower in it at some point? and did ya get the gearbox and prop yet?it basically stock right now can i change the prop to get more speed? can i run a two blade on this boat?

Schiada Time
    Taylornmass- Just a friendly tip but unless that shoreline dropped off real quick I would anchor that thing stern facing out and run a bow line to a stake on the beach. Unless there is plenty of water under that rudder if boat chop comes in it can hammer the rudder on the lake bed and bend the shaft. Could play havoc on the prop as well.
    ST

GofastRacer
    Very good advice!..

dmontzsta
    Is that a Daytona? I thought they were different? That looks like my old man's cruiser.

taylormanss
    Taylornmass- Just a friendly tip but unless that shoreline dropped off real quick I would anchor that thing stern facing out and run a bow line to a stake on the beach. Unless there is plenty of water under that rudder if boat chop comes in it can hammer the rudder on the lake bed and bend the shaft. Could play havoc on the prop as well.
    ST
    thanks for the info,a buddy of mine already told me that,he has a sanger,I'm used to my last three jets.

Schiada Time
    Sure. I say that cause when I bought my boat the rudder was bent and I figure it was because of shallow water damage from the previous owners. They also drove it on the trailer as the prop shaft was bent and prop was all chewed up. As you know floating a V-drive on and off the trailer is the only way to do it.
    ST

Brazos River Rat
    so will it run better with more hp? did it have a blower in it at some point? and did ya get the gearbox and prop yet?it basically stock right now can i change the prop to get more speed? can i run a two blade on this boat?
    Taylomanss:
    I dropped the V-Drive off at JJ's yesterday
    Brazos River Rat
    73 Sanger Flat

taylormanss
    thank you B R R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast