Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my daytona v-drive

taylormanss
    Sure. I say that cause when I bought my boat the rudder was bent and I figure it was because of shallow water damage from the previous owners. They also drove it on the trailer as the prop shaft was bent and prop was all chewed up. As you know floating a V-drive on and off the trailer is the only way to do it.
    ST
    i only made that mistake on one of my boats,never again!

flat broke
    Is that a Daytona? I thought they were different? That looks like my old man's cruiser.
    Donald, Donald, Donald,
    That boat looks nothing like your Dad's cruiser unless he recently swapped his Eliminator for a Spectra
    You were probably thinking the same thing that I was when I opened the thread though... An Eliminator Daytona V'drive like Unchained's deal. BTW, now that Dan's motor is off the schedule at HFD, when is your Ford going to be done and dropped into your boat?
    Taylormanss,
    I like the colors on that Daytona. A little more going on than the standard old cruiser scheme, but just clean enough to stay classic. The only thing I'd do is ditch the bow rail and have the holes filled. I know JBG had one for a while a few years ago, so maybe he could give you some advice as far as setup and handling quirks... though I think the one he had ran a little more power.
    Chris

maybe taylormanss Daytona is one of Bob Longs old boats. He owned Sundown Marine back in the day which was a shop that fixed and sold boats on consignment. He also built his own hulls using the Daytona name. He was a K boat racer too. My dad worked for him after the crash in '80.

taylormanss
    I think you are right old rigger,that was the story i got on the hull,that it was made by sundowner marine,I thought about ditching the bowrail,but i took it to a reputable fiberglass shop in corpus christi,tx. and they told me it would probably cost about 3 or 4 thousand to match the colors that run below the rail mounts,so I guess the rail will stay,cause the only reason I bought the boat was because of the flawless hull.I know most daycruiser owners lose the rail,but maybe that will make this one stand out.I'm getting ready to replace the whole interior,and hopefully give it a bit more hp.I heard the boat had a chrysler in it originally,going thru a velvet drive,and then thru the c-500. here is my question would a two blade make it run faster? or should i run a three blade with a different pitch?

It was Sundown Marine, not Sundowner Marine. Somewhere I still have an old T shirt stashed away from that shop.
    At least it's a nice one piece bowrail. I doubt it was installed when new.

ol guy
    Check your'e other thread, I know these boats!

jimsplace
    If you wish to remove the rail, have them removed, find some who is creative and have an accent stripe put over the hole locations.

taylormanss
    no thanks,think i'm gonna leave it. i will let the next owner decide that.the only thing i have left to do is restore the interior,which will be taken care of by onaroll who is on here.

taylormanss
    I know that boat it has my old C500 in it with 15's in it. Should of had a 460 ford in it that came out of my old boat to. Really nice looking boat. j.j.
    are 15's good j.j. ? what rpm can i run it up to?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12