Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: tunnel ram or single carb edelbrock 850

speedymopars
    sorry guys i jusr reread what i posted and sounded like a a-hole.i apologize sometimes i get carried away my bad.:jawdrop: anyway there is always gonna be arguing over the t-ramvssingle carb do what will fit you the best and screw the rest.oncelagain sorry guys i came across being a dick.later travis
    I didn't think you were being a dick at all
    You had valid points, and they are still true. Don't overcarb, no matter what your manifold is, otherwise expensive boat anchor.......

I Just Have A Single 4 Tr.(edelbrock Ur2x). I've Never Had Any Thing Else On The Boat So I Have Nothing To Compare It To. But I Have It In My Mind When That Thing Starts To Sweat.(it'll Almost Frost Up) It Got To Be Better (denser Charge)?

Sleeper CP
    I didn't think you were being a dick at all
    You had valid points, and they are still true. Don't overcarb, no matter what your manifold is, otherwise expensive boat anchor.......
    Ditto for me Travis.
    It's not that I think you were being a dick at all. I just like your candor on the subject and as Speedy posted " You had some valid points". All of which I agree with.
    As discussed before and it will be discussed again; it really comes down to a "looks" thing ( a little Bling) for the boat. Because most 470 some inch or smaller,5,500 rpm big blocks don't need a TR. A good single plane will out perform them nearly every time. Not always, but usually. But the TR wins on the looks factor.
    So, just keep expressing yourself the way you did. It's refreshing.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

hotbo
    Ditto for me Travis.
    It's not that I think you were being a dick at all. I just like your candor on the subject and as Speedy posted " You had some valid points". All of which I agree with.
    As discussed before and it will be discussed again; it really comes down to a "looks" thing ( a little Bling) for the boat. Because most 470 some inch or smaller,5,500 rpm big blocks don't need a TR. A good single plane will out perform them nearly every time. Not always, but usually. But the TR wins on the looks factor.
    So, just keep expressing yourself the way you did. It's refreshing.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    well thanks guys i dont want anyone pissed off at me for my comments:jawdrop:
    well i argue this alot with the seastrum boys its all in fun i believe in single carbs of anysize and they are t-ram freaks b/c they say on the dyno they have made up to 100hp at the same rpm range,bullshit i call it everytime just to make them pull the sheets out lol!!!!!! but i could care less the proof word of mouth ect.now in certian cases big cubic inches,drag boat so forth yeS they have there place most deffenitly,sorry my pelling sucks,lol!!!!:idea:
    when i say lake boat i mean runs on 93 pump gas and goes up down the lake or river all day not unloading going to a sand bar and b.s about who your gonna kick ass on with your c-12 or alchohol boat its all in fun and i love the look of a t-ram boat and no there not hard to tune done a few for friends my ole man showed me a thing or 2.i just feel in my heart that a sinlge carb will do all you ever wanna do with a fast lake boat better fuel economy,better atomization distribution so forth.no matter what like i said whatever you end up with if your happy thats all that matters sorry your a single dad bro. i have a 19month old boy whom i love dearly and i argue all the time with my wife,lol!!!best of luck bro.
    hey sleeper you are slow,just playing get that thing tuned in bro and kick ass.later travis

Sleeper CP
    [QUOTE=hotbo;
    hey sleeper you are slow,just playing get that thing tuned in bro and kick ass.later travis[/QUOTE]
    The impeller is out now being trimmed back, shooting to turn it at 6,100- 6,200 off the bottle.
    That should get us to 94-96 off the bottle maybe a little higher with one of the new shoes that
    we are getting made.(Fingers crossed)
    I'll let you know after next weekend.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

speedymopars
    Going fast is only half the fun...What you make go fast is the other half
    I love that. I took a full size, full interior Dodge B200 3/4 ton van into the 12's. I had more fun racing that then I care to admit to. I would always be in the staging lanes looking for someone with a modified mustand (or vette) to spank. I'd line up with them then keep talking about how I needed to line up with someone else, please be easy on me, etc. We would get to the line, and I would usually spank them by 5-10 cars. That van would HOOK. Today as it sits, it probably would go into the 11's, but the local track closed down before these last rounds of mods were ever raced (went from a peg to a spool, 2.7 to a 3.23), loser convertor, and some headwork. I ran high 12's going through the traps in 2nd gear @ 4000 RPM. Tell me there wasn't more in it
    My 01 lifted jeep runs high 14's now. My duster, well should run high 8's worst case. I love taking stuff that shouldn't go fast and making it that way. It will be the same with boats. Drive it anywhere, brutal power when I need (want) it.
    I can make a single carb go fast, I can make duals go even faster - so I'm a bit prejudiced. CP the fact you knew to run the 450's says you know what you are doing too :-)

pw_Tony
    What local track would that be?

speedymopars
    What local track would that be?
    Carlsbad and TI.
    Now LACR is closed, need to go all the way to Fontana.

pw_Tony
    Used to run a 1972 Duster up there all the time. Now I live in Bullhead, but my father still races the car at Barona. Have some pics from last weekend of it if interested....

Sleeper CP
    Going fast is only half the fun...What you make go fast is the other half
    I love that. I took a full size, full interior Dodge B200 3/4 ton van into the 12's. I had more fun racing that then I care to admit to.
    I can make a single carb go fast, I can make duals go even faster - so I'm a bit prejudiced. CP the fact you knew to run the 450's says you know what you are doing too :-)
    What were you smoking to build a 3/4 ton drag van? What did it weigh in at?
    On the other quote : I try, but you can learn something new everyday.
    Sleeper Cp
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast