Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nutritional Supplements

AZJD
    I live in Bakersfield, so drinking lots of water is the norm. What's up with the chromium picolinate? (seems like each new "good thing" becomes a "bad thing" after a while):idea:
    Chromium Picolinate was a house wife fad of the early 90's.
    It is a metabolism booster which will run rampid on your immune system because it's not used to it.
    It will also do what any fat burner will do, it will release toxins from burned fat. Toxins are just the crap stored in your fat from bad food, alcohol and drugs.
    These toxins will kick your butt, and can be expected during any fat loss. The first couple of weeks of fat loss and proper dieting are brutal. Make sure you eat right during fat burning and drink lots of water to ease the toxin burnout.
    The other problem I have read about with it is that it will store in the pancreas and have long lasting effects on your body up to a month or more after last dose.
    All together it isn't a good suppliment to use. You would be suprised what eating right and exercising does on it's own.

Riverless
    Nordic Naturals makes a fish oil gel tab that is lemon flavored, I think they have it in Strawberry too. Can't even taste the fish. Yes, they work well for joint pain too. They have Nordic Naturals at the Vitamin Shoppe and on their website.

AZJD
    You can get them in the hard shell that doesn't release until its beyond the stomach.

Not So Fast
    I'm with Phebus on the Beer thing. It even makes me a better dancer also.
    In Bizzaro world maybe, sort of like Elaine from Seinfeld huh Bill
    Try spending most of your life in construction and then turning 65, My everything hurts!!!!!!!! NSF

HokeySon
    Getting old sucks. Parts just start to hurt.
    What are you taking? What for and does it work????
    Nicoteine, Caffeine -- up
    Alcohol --- Down

NOTALENT
    Sounds like everyone answered with some good advice. The only thing I would add is some Shark Cartalidge. I have seen major improvements with it in both my shoulders after injuring them and being out for 6-8 months +. Now there are great.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I take a multi vitamin, calcium, fiber, and flax seed oil. I feel like a slug if I do not take my vitamins. Might be in my head but whatever works, right?
    I tried the fish oil dealio but the after taste was too much for me. Some good advice on here, freezing it, very clever!!
    I also drink black/oolong tea every morning. And tons of water. Water makes me feel good.
    Now you know the secrets to my beauty and radiance. LOL, jk

gramps
    I don't know what to tell you to take but I can tell you to AVOID too much vitamin A!!!!! It can (and did on my wife) a stroke on the optic nerve. Stick with the total RDA and don't go over, it's not like other vitamins that you piss out if you go overboard with them. "A" builds up in your body and can cause damage.

Mandelon
    Anyone try Melatonin for help with sleeping?
    How about that Ocular Health stuff they advertise for eye improvements?
    Keep laughing you healthy fukkers, it catches up eventually. I feel like Ron Wood...

Mrs.HLB
    Keep your fish oil tabs in the freezer, you wont be burping up Cod all day.
    Oh my god!! I am so glad you mentioned that.. I just bought my 1st Fish oil pills yesterday. My doctor recommended them due to my high cholestrol and young age.. I would not want to be burping up fish all day. That is gross!! Freezing will help? Someone else mentioned liquid fish oil pills, where do you get them? Sounds like they will be good for me..
    Mrs.HLB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast