Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nutritional Supplements

BarryMac
    I take a multi vitamin, calcium, fiber, and flax seed oil. I feel like a slug if I do not take my vitamins. Might be in my head but whatever works, right?
    I tried the fish oil dealio but the after taste was too much for me. Some good advice on here, freezing it, very clever!!
    I also drink black/oolong tea every morning. And tons of water. Water makes me feel good.
    Now you know the secrets to my beauty and radiance. LOL, jk
    And the large TaTa's...
    Sounds like Fish Oil is the way to go, is there a pill that will help me remember to take one every day?
    I'm looking for a good protien powder (Mandelon don't be gross) anyone have one that they highly recomend? and where do you buy yours???

bocco
    So here's my list.
    1) Protien shake twice a day. I prefer Muscle Milk.
    2) Oatmeal in the morning. Naturally lowers colesteral.
    3) Tribulus. About 200MG a day. Stimulates testosterone production.
    4) Nettle Root extract. Good for male prostate and promotes free testosterone levels.
    5) Occasionally I use Maca root extract as well. Helps the body with hormone production and regulation.
    You can read more about these last three at bodybuilding.com. Also pricing on these sort of sups is better at a health food store than at the local supplement store. It is all about hormones as we age. All of our hormone levels change and if you can keep them closer to where they were when you were younger the better you will feel.

NOTALENT
    Anyone try Melatonin for help with sleeping?
    How about that Ocular Health stuff they advertise for eye improvements?
    Keep laughing you healthy fukkers, it catches up eventually. I feel like Ron Wood...
    Didnt help me for shit. I have tried EVERYTHING! Over the counter and prescribed...some prescribed worked, but it got addictive. What ended up working was taking the TV out of my room, and not going on my computer at night. This way it sets your brain to sleep mode once you see your bed.....weird, but worked.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    And the large TaTa's...
    Sounds like Fish Oil is the way to go, is there a pill that will help me remember to take one every day?
    I'm looking for a good protien powder (Mandelon don't be gross) anyone have one that they highly recomend? and where do you buy yours???
    Those come from good Polish genes, not vitamins. LOL

BarryMac
    So here's my list.
    1) Protien shake twice a day. I prefer Muscle Milk.
    They sell this at my gym, seems like a good price too, I will give it a try...
    Those come from good Polish genes, not vitamins. LOL
    Hmmm, I thought it was from nummming them...

hkunz
    I get the Carlson's lemon-flavored Norwegian Cod Liver Oil, keep it in the fridge and take a swig every morning right after my workout. Kills cottonmouth, and no fish burps. Also has health benefits mentioned earlier. I get it from Vitacost.com, along with most of the harder to get and more expensive supplements - the $4.95 shipping cost divides up nicely with a larger order, and no tax. They tax supplements in People's Demokratik Republik of Kalifornia.:devil:
    I shop my local health food, grocery, and pharmacies for protien supplements. Between Von's 50% off on MetRX, Rite-Aid's $3 off on Mucsle Milk, and Costco's price for a six pound bag of EAS, you can get powders and liquids fairly cheaply any more. Not like the old days of muy expensive Weider whey tablets that you had to chew 30 of for one serving
    I do mix my supplements, figuring they all must have some benefits, and since I don't have the time to keep up on all the research, I can take advantage of whatever unique benefits each has by changing them up, in addition to the "mucsle confusion" theories now popular.

bocco
    Hkunz mentioned MetRX. Although I don't currently use it. It is an excelent protien/meal replacement shake. It can be used like Slim Fast for wieght loss but with enough protien to build muscle.

XtrmWakeborder
    And the large TaTa's...
    On 100% whey. I have had the double chocolate and the banana cream. Both are great, but the banana can be mixed with other stuff. 5lb tub lasts a while too. I had a 10ld bag of the chocolate, and kinda got tired of it. Bodybuilding.com

Mandelon
    On 100% whey. I have had the double chocolate and the banana cream. Both are great, but the banana can be mixed with other stuff. 5lb tub lasts a while too. I had a 10ld bag of the chocolate, and kinda got tired of it. Bodybuilding.com
    I enjoy the strawberry flavor. Optimum Nutrition 100% whey. I drop in a whole banana and a vanilla yogurt. If your bananas start to go brown you can stick them in the fridge and they keep for a bit longer, they may get ugly outside but the flesh is still firm.......boy that sounds gay....
    Barry, those banana jokes are all yours baby! I tried a cookie flavor one time and it was alright, you could a couple tspoons of almond butter to it as well.
    Check the cholesterol levels in the protein supps...some are way high. ON's is lower than most. The shake will keep me full enough to only need a late lunch.

BarryMac
    Barry, those banana jokes are all yours baby!
    Not going to touch it...
    The important thing to me is low in Sugar, some of these powders are very high in Sugar, I need to stay away from that. One thing that a very wise woman told me was to mix the Vanilla Powder with Orange Gatorade, it is very good, tastes like a 50/50 bar... The MetRX one that I've been using is good, but another wise ass pointed out to me that it was high in Trans Fats, not good...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast