Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 'placecraft Tunnel

RIVERTIME247
    so whos the guru on placecraft tunnels ?
    what year
    who made a good splash
    what to look for
    im sure theres alot of chat on the search but im checking into it regardless!
    ive heard many times that there friendly to speed and that it doesnt take major amount of hp to get some good numbers ?

FuelInMyVeins82
    Tom Peterson has the molds and is very knowledgeable when it comes to place crafts. How ever I've always heard they take some power to run well.

77charger
    I drove one to 106mph was very stable and felt good to me(blown jet owns it now was his nephews when i drove it).i have also lost power at 90 mph and the boat came down straight never wanted to take a hard turn right or left.

so whos the guru on placecraft tunnels ?
    what year
    who made a good splash
    what to look for
    im sure theres alot of chat on the search but im checking into it regardless!
    ive heard many times that there friendly to speed and that it doesnt take major amount of hp to get some good numbers ?
    Buddy you thinkin about makin a change ?? Tom
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...a/MVC-919S.jpg

bp
    How ever I've always heard they take big power to run well.
    no more than a rogers bubble deck

steelcomp
    The Bahner tunnel and Placecraft are almost identical on the bottom. The entry on the tunnels is different with the the Placecraft being more like the Syndicate, but the Bahner and Placecraft look identical from the back. My Bahner ran 108 in the quarter and never had any bad handling issues. The new owner has run 110+ and loves it. They don't need a ton of HP to run fast, but they can handle all the power you can throw at them. The Placecraft is pretty much my all time favorite jet boat, especially the few that Hamilton helped build.

RIVERTIME247
    Buddy you thinkin about makin a change ?? Tom
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...a/MVC-919S.jpg
    tom you still got that one ?
    i found a couple so im checking them out...im into a tunnel either daytona of placecraft

RIVERTIME247
    Tom Peterson has the molds and is very knowledgeable when it comes to place crafts. How ever I've always heard they take big power to run well.
    thanks for reply jordan...one thing for certain that damn rodgers of your is running damn hard for a vhull....damn hard
    im hearing both ways so thats why im asking the boards

RIVERTIME247
    I drove one to 106mph was very stable and felt good to me(blown jet owns it now was his nephews when i drove it).i have also lost power at 90 mph and the boat came down straight never wanted to take a hard turn right or left.
    i read some serious numbers for these hulls and was trying to firgure which direction to head on the tunnel. i do love the way the daytona feels ! but keepikng my options open.

FuelInMyVeins82
    no more than a rogers bubble deck
    LOL good point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast