Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any electricians out there?

rrrr
    Will a two rpong tester work on the switches like it does on teh plugs?
    The neutral won't be attached to the switches. The neutral wires will be in the box though, connected with a wire nut. Check those for a good connection.

MRSDRMCAT
    He just checked all the conection at the first juction box. Re-wirenutted all three connections. No power to the plugs next in line.??????????

WishIknew
    What device is between the first box and the panel an outlet??????

YeLLowBoaT
    you have yet to check the breaker... check the breaker... they go out all the time. As a GC I get atleast 2 calls a month to come out and replace a bad breaker.

Havasu1986
    Have a home electrical question for you.
    To quote Chevy Chase....220-221 whatever it takes.

MRSDRMCAT
    I believe it is the at the junction box in the ceiling. All the other plugs in the garage have power, but they are on a different circuit. The plugs that run directly off of the primary junction box have no power. Anyone know a good electrician in the corona area? Help.

rrrr
    He just checked all the conection at the first juction box. Re-wirenutted all three connections. No power to the plugs next in line.??????????
    The fun starts.....
    Are you checking for voltage between hot and ground? If the neutral is broken you won't have voltage.
    Did you check the back of the receptacle? If you have the push-in type connection that can cause the problem. Did you check light fixture boxes? They have neutral and power junctions too.
    Maybe this will help:
    http://www.thecircuitdetective.com/tourcircuit.htm

MRSDRMCAT
    you have yet to check the breaker... check the breaker... they go out all the time. As a GC I get atleast 2 calls a month to come out and replace a bad breaker.
    I switched it out first and no luck. I thought I might have bought a bad one, so I switched it with one I know works, and no luck. Still no power.

WishIknew
    What was this primary j box originaly?????the garage lite

MRSDRMCAT
    The fun starts.....
    Are you checking for voltage between hot and ground? If the neutral is broken you won't have voltage.
    Did you check the back of the receptacle? If you have the push-in type connection that can cause the problem. Did you check light fixture boxes? They have neutral and power junctions too.
    Maybe this will help:
    http://www.thecircuitdetective.com/tourcircuit.htm
    Thanks for the diagram. I am gonna have to wait til the Gordon Biersch wears off before I can make sense of that. I appreciate it though. I am about ready to throw my hands up and call in a professional.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast