Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lake Clementine push to ban power boats!

HCS
    Legislatures want to close Lake Clemetine to power boats.
    Tree hungers thanks to Sunset Magazine want to shut lake Clementine down to power boats.
    Over the past 8 years or so slowly kayak and canoe people have invaded the lake and decided to try and take it over.
    More to follow....

YeLLowBoaT
    where is this???

HCS
    where is this???
    Auburn California.
    Auburn ravine.
    I usually keep the location quite but it's time to kick ass!!

YeLLowBoaT
    thats the really long and narrow lake that fallows the contors of the river right?
    if thats the one I have not been on that lake in about 15 years...

HCS
    thats the really long and narrow lake that fallows the contors of the river right?
    if thats the one I have not been on that lake in about 15 years...
    It's narrow but not that narrow that power boats should be ban, I've been camping and boating there for 35 years!!
    The problem is that it's not worth the State Parks and Rec running so they just assume close it.

HCS
    This is the same rat bastards that managed to get lake Natomas in Folsom California closed to power boats years ago.

YeLLowBoaT
    really... I'm in just for that reason alone...
    oh PS I've got some photo albums from my grandparents tonight... going to start scaning( printer took a dumb so I bough a all in one ) some of the old pics of folsom lake from when it was being built to about 70s... Lots of pictures form about 95% of the lakes in norcal... should be a hoot to see some of those photos.

bilgewiper
    Wow, this really stinks. I practically grew up on that lake. Kept a boat in the little marina from '71-'83 (1st my parents boat then my own in the later years). It was bad enough when they added a speedlimit and then later the inflatable ban..........now this? How come kyakers have rights? They don't even have to pay registration fees etc. bet they are the ones riding bikes on our roads too.

707dog
    welcome to the BS of the treehuggers/goverment/all the other fok sticks...we got our cards delt to us at lake berryessa also... pulling all the trailers off the water,blocking off big areas of the lake to accomidate the damn rafters & kayak's, and closing up the resorts and what ever else the friggin got up there sleeve..i agree kayaks and rafts dont pay into state taxes,funds or even pay a luanch fee at public spots so i dont understand why the big take over the water ways bulls$%t...:devil:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast