Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CALLING ALL YOU WANNA-BE RACERS

Spirit of Discovery
    OK, boys!! All you people who run around in your boats with numbers on the sides. Don't just try to impress people by making them THINK you're a racer! Have some "cahones" and come out this weekend in Huntington Beach and show the world that you really are a racer! Race registration is Saturday at 10AM. If you don't have the guts to come out and race, then take the numbers off your boat. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! By the way, this IS a challenge!! Go to the Pacific Offshore website www.pacificoffshore.com for more information. Just don't forget to go get a DMV or FAA physical before showing up or I won't let you race. (and that is no excuse for not racing)
    [ August 13, 2002, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Spirit of Discovery ]

Spirit of Discovery
    Even if you don't have a number on your boat, we'll help you put one on. Come out and race anyhow!! eek!

Skaterfast
    What would we need in the way of safety gear.Helmets,life jackets what kind.Can I race with a Life Line poker run jacket?

Spirit of Discovery
    Great, Skaterfast!! Glad you're thinking about it!! You need a racing jacket and helmet. I'm not sure if the jacket you're referring to is acceptable. the best person to answer your question is Paul Abreau. His number is on the Pacific Offshore website (I think on the Huntington Beach page) www.pacificoffshore.com All boats must have the required Coast Guard safety equipment. You can download the full rule book from the APBA Offshore site. I may not have all the answers, but I can sure get you to the one who does!! Hope you decide to give it a try!! See you in Huntington! By the way, just got an e-mail with some parties and gatherings for Friday night. 6 - 8 PM Race Team, VIP and Press Reception at the Huntington Beach Yache club (Huntington Harbor?) at PCH and Warner and a singing party at Martini Blues from 8pm to closing. Martini Blues is on the corner of Springdale and Edinger. Please plan to come to these events to show your support for Pacific Offshore. Also, at the Harbor Grill, $1 from every drink goes to support Pacific Offshore, so if you intend to get sloshed, do so at the Harbor Grill!! lol! No, please support the places that support Pacific Offshore!! Hope to see y'all there!!

Flashwave
    SKATERFAST..I have a spare XL Lifeline jacket and Xl Helmet. If they fit, they are yours to use for HB. They are APBA approved and ready to race. See me Saturday at the wet pits. FLASHWAVE F1-48.
    Jim

Charley
    I had a great time at the Races today in HB!.... I have been thinking all day long about how I could get involved! I printed the rules up and have been studying classes but I have a few more questions... whos Brain to pick?

Spirit of Discovery
    Charley, feel free to start with me. If I don't know the answer, I can surely get you to who does. Glad you had a great time. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Scott

nextasex
    hey scott or jim, what is the latest news on the lavey, is american racing still sponsor? who's runnin that boat? how did it do this past weekend? also, what's the smallest boat class to race in?
    thanks for the info guys,
    frank

Flashwave
    NEXTASEX
    The Lavey is not sponsored by American Racing. American Racing took their sponsorship to the Super Cat Light Eliminator owned by Brian Schinile. The Lavey appears to be sponsored by LaveyCraft. The side of the boat says Laveycraft Factory Racing and I didn't see any other sponsors on the boat.
    The Lavey boat did OK this weekend. They had a good start, but offshore racing is a race of attrition. You have to stay together and finish to win. It's easier said than done. The suprise this weekend was the Volvo Penta boat.
    As far as the smallest class I would assume you are interested in speed. This would be the P5 class,below 70 mph.
    Jim

nextasex
    Hey Jim, thanks for the info, can you explain more on the below,,
    ""They had a good start, but offshore racing is a race of attrition. You have to stay together and finish to win""
    and what is the size limit in this P5 class?
    frank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast