Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha juice

RidinRed
    I searched for the Rhino page but nothing.
    Does anybody have any pull with warranty work? The Rhino with 47 hrs decided to detonate. There is $1,500 worth the overpriced OEM motor parts waiting to go back in at the "stealer" and now they say it may not be covered. Yamaha will make the call this week I hope but in short, dealer says it is dust and I say it was mechanical. Basically top and bottom failed, oil preasure??
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Bill

Outnumbered
    Does anybody have any pull with warranty work? The Rhino with 47 hrs decided to detonate. There is $1,500 worth the overpriced OEM motor parts waiting to go back in at the "stealer" and now they say it may not be covered. Yamaha will make the call this week I hope but in short, dealer says it is dust and I say it was mechanical. Basically top and bottom failed, oil preasure??
    Bill
    Is this common? I just talked to a guy with one for sale with less than 200 hours--same deal. He said the dealer told him low octane fuel was the cause and they re-built it under warranty, so he says.

RiverRatMike
    Bill
    You must have been pretty hard on your rhino or just bad luck. Have over 2000K on my 06 Rhino and it's been flawless. Awesome machine!

Outnumbered
    You must have been pretty hard on your rhino or just bad luck. Have over 2000K on my 06 Rhino and it's been flawless. Awesome machine!
    Can running 87 octane kill the motor? That is what some guy told me that had a low-hour rebuild.

RidinRed
    too hard? didn't know there was such a thing LOL yeah i guess i ride it harder then some but no worse then the other 6-8 in our group. just my luck i think.

RidinRed
    Well, here is an update for those interested. no verdict yet on this.
    the pricks at World Motorcycles have all but washed their hands on this and the best they could do for me was give me the number to Yamaha. Yeah thanks for the help now that you have cashed the check.
    So, i called corporate hq. "Ride now" and they are to get back to me.
    So far i say buy from them at your own risk

Outnumbered
    the pricks at World Motorcycles have all but washed their hands on this and the best they could do for me was give me the number to Yamaha. Yeah thanks for the help now that you have cashed the check.
    Ride Now Powersports has a bad rep down here in PHX. I think they are owned by an automotive group. 'nuff said Good luck.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Keep your cool, call Yamaha, and maybe they'll help.
    You can also go breach of warranty with small claims court.
    Small Claims is usually located at your local County Court house.
    I've won every small claims issue I've filed.
    They'll usually hold their nose and hand ya a check to avoid the court appearance.
    Get the service managers name, and serve the papers on him, and the manager of the dealership too.
    In addition to a good chance of getting your money, you'll be fuxing with their heads.
    I've been riding Yamahas since 1965.
    We own several yfz 450's now, as well as new Hondas, Zukis and Kawis.
    Our warranty experiences:
    Yamaha is best purchased from an owner/operator dealer, because it's best to take it back where ya bought it for problems. A big corporation dealer will straight arm you on warranty.
    It's the worst of the Rice burning four on warranty claims, and an owner/operator dealer will push little harder to get ya through the system.
    The early Craptors had the tranny grenading problems and Yami stuck it to the buyers. Shut everyone out on warranty repairs.
    Yamaha is a cold blooded company with customer service.
    The Honda 300 had the same tranny problem and Honda came to bat for owners, even beyond warranty.

RiverRatMike
    Keep your cool, call Yamaha, and maybe they'll help.
    You can also go breach of warranty with small claims court.
    Small Claims is usually located at your local County Court house.
    I've won every small claims issue I've filed.
    They'll usually hold their nose and hand ya a check to avoid the court appearance.
    Get the service managers name, and serve the papers on him, and the manager of the dealership too.
    In addition to a good chance of getting your money, you'll be fuxing with their heads.
    I've been riding Yamahas since 1965.
    We own several yfz 450's now, as well as new Hondas, Zukis and Kawis.
    Our warranty experiences:
    Yamaha is best purchased from an owner/operator dealer, because it's best to take it back where ya bought it for problems. A big corporation dealer will straight arm you on warranty.
    It's the worst of the Rice burning four on warranty claims, and an owner/operator dealer will push little harder to get ya through the system.
    The early Craptors had the tranny grenading problems and Yami stuck it to the buyers. Shut everyone out on warranty repairs.
    Yamaha is a cold blooded company with customer service.
    The Honda 300 had the same tranny problem and Honda came to bat for owners, even beyond warranty.
    Dude your high. Yamaha has always been right there for me everytime. You want cold blooded service. Try owning a Sea-Doo or Bombardier product. I owned a Raptor 660 for a couple of years and beat the hell out of that machine and it never skipped a beat.

FLATS ONLY
    Keep your cool and use the phone number they gave you. There are very few problems with these units but sh#t happens. I do this for a living and yamaha is one of the best at taking care of things. They only hold a little over 2 quts. of oil and it should be changed at 250 to 300 miles. They may offer the parts as goodwill but if you had the y.e.s. warranty it would be taken care of. I dont know your situation at your dealership but there are good and bad ones.When you call yamaha customer service you might mention that you need to get this unit repaired so you can purchase a new yamaha. If you dont have any luck pm me and maybe I can help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast