Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: GT Performance/Hallett Vector

2xm3
    I owned this boat for a while, purchased it from GT marine and then did the motor in my shop. I ran up to 30 psi and the boat ran 119 mph on a stalker radar gun with gps backup. I had the open "rams horn " exhaust. I always ran c12 or C16 in it and it was really a great hull, zero issues other than breaking a set of gears. It looks like it may be the same motor, I ran .904 diameter lifters with a ultradyne solid cam, Crower rods, ross pistons, Callies crank,jesel rockers,belt drive,dart heads,dual h2o pumps,14 qt pan,and 50 % gears.
    It used to have a fancy balsa floor but it was changed to paint when it chucked a prop ear and ripped the strut off the bottom, it was repaired with zero issues.
    I am happy to see it is still in great shape as I have a lot of my sweat in that build. Lots of luck to the new owner...

Boat211
    I ran up to 30 psi and the boat ran 119 mph on a stalker radar gun with gps backup.
    Pretty damn impressive!

Riverkid
    Awesome...that was a steal...and a quick sale...
    Should have priced it for 60K...that seems to be going rate on these Vectors...
    Hell of a boat...

2xm3
    How about you ever been to 6k??????? and he's got a picture
    I ran it to 7100, with the Black 2 blade. :devil: :devil: 6 lbs is nothing for that motor, the boat does not even start to run till 20 psi.....

PaPaG
    Thats Two Boats In Three Weeks.
    Congrats on the sale OM, your Vector was very nice..I guess I took to much time thinking about it, I snooze I loose...

Baja Big Dog
    I owned this boat for a while, purchased it from GT marine and then did the motor in my shop. I ran up to 30 psi and the boat ran 119 mph on a stalker radar gun with gps backup. I had the open "rams horn " exhaust. I always ran c12 or C16 in it and it was really a great hull, zero issues other than breaking a set of gears. It looks like it may be the same motor, I ran .904 diameter lifters with a ultradyne solid cam, Crower rods, ross pistons, Callies crank,jesel rockers,belt drive,dart heads,dual h2o pumps,14 qt pan,and 50 % gears.
    It used to have a fancy balsa floor but it was changed to paint when it chucked a prop ear and ripped the strut off the bottom, it was repaired with zero issues.
    I am happy to see it is still in great shape as I have a lot of my sweat in that build. Lots of luck to the new owner...
    Glad I didnt buy it with out knowing this somewhat Unimportant information!!!!

Vector looks familiar, congrats on sale. Do you know who owned it originally, just curious.

obnoxious001
    Vector looks familiar, congrats on sale. Do you know who owned it originally, just curious.
    I think it was Bob Stark's old boat Mike. I raced behind Bob's boat a couple of years in the early 90's, might be wrong but colors look right.

OLD MAN ON THE LAKE
    Bob Stark See Sudden Impact on Spam in V-DRIVE

2xm3
    I think it was Bob Stark's old boat Mike. I raced behind Bob's boat a couple of years in the early 90's, might be wrong but colors look right.
    100% correct, when I had her the name was "Dog Daze"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567