Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper raft up/tie up etiquette

Magic34
    With some cool events planned this weekend :crossx:, what do you feel are some proper things to remember when involving yourself in a raft-up?
    Here are some of the things I think and a lot of this is based from past experince at Lake Pleasant where all you do is tie up every day.
    1. If you have an anchor, use it. Holding a ton of boats in place is a biatch somtimes.
    2. Dont walk across other people's bow of their boat. I spend a lot of time keeping my boat clean, as many of others do and we dont want some drenched person walking across a clean deck. Besides, you might slip and fall.
    3. If you have squirt guns, use them on yourself/kids, not others you just met or dont know.
    4. Make sure you have enough fenders for your boat and enough rope.
    5. When walking from boat to boat, try to use the rear swim platforms, or dont walk, swim instead.
    6. When swimming, look out for props. Especially ones on #6 drives.
    7. Have fun and meet some new friends.
    What would you add?

centerhill condor
    8. don't play the music too loud or don't play any at all. Just 'cause you like "boot scoot boogie" at 100 Db doesn't mean everyone else will.
    9. no trash in the water! think globally act locally. A clean lake starts with you!

Her454
    DONT THROW DRINKS/BEER BOTTLES ACROSS ANYONES BOAT, YOU JUST MIGHT HIT THEIR DECK AND TAKE A CHUNK OF IT OUT! :yuk: :cry:
    Stupid, stupid stupid.

squirt'nmyload
    With some cool events planned this weekend :crossx:, what do you feel are some proper things to remember when involving yourself in a raft-up?
    Here are some of the things I think and a lot of this is based from past experince at Lake Pleasant where all you do is tie up every day.
    1. If you have an anchor, use it. Holding a ton of boats in place is a biatch somtimes.
    2. Dont walk across other people's bow of their boat. I spend a lot of time keeping my boat clean, as many of others do and we dont want some drenched person walking across a clean deck. Besides, you might slip and fall.
    3. If you have squirt guns, use them on yourself/kids, not others you just met or dont know.
    5. When walking from boat to boat, try to use the rear swim platforms, or dont walk, swim instead.
    What would you add?
    keep your extremely drunk people on YOUR OWN boat.
    don't bring people that want to leave early.

AZKC
    If you have a light colored interior beware of jello shots falling from the sky :skull: :rollside:

sigepmock
    What would you add?
    Always....I mean always keep and eye on ColeTrickle.......you never know when he'll try and sneek into your boat and go poop!!!!!
    oh yeah and never let him get ahold of your wife's cell number!! :cry: :yuk:

blackcloud75
    NO BEADS
    I don't care how many times you showed your T1T's.....
    Those stain the interior!!!!!!!!!!
    And leave the Fun Nazi's at Home!!!!!!!!!!!

phebus
    If you have boats tied up to either side of you, don't leave early. If you think you might be going in early, anchor alone, or end tie.
    Or, better yet, if you think you are leaving early.......just don't show up All for one, one for all.

Havasu1986
    Or don't tie up to Phebus

YeLLowBoaT
    ladys when your trying to walk drunk from boat to boat. make sure you fall on the guy trying to help you with your tits in his face. It happends to me all the time.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast