Thread: ford expy tranny question

beever_retreever
    Got an 05 4x4 that was recently 36k serviced by a local mechanic shop. He flushed the tranny fluid and replaced with transmission fluid($44), and MerconV additive($16).
    Towed a buddies Chapparal 220 that weekend to Havi and back and it was fine. A few days later, the Expy is having a hard time getting in and out of low gears. Talked to a buddy who said it's a normal thing and not to worry.
    I was contemplating taking it to the dealer(I have a 70k warranty), but I'm worried that they're gonna pull some shit about not getting it serviced at the dealer.
    Does anyone know about the MerconV additive and will it affect the warranty?
    Thanks!

Brewzed
    Never do the flush. Always drain and replace. I've heard the pressure from flushing stirs up all the crap in the pan.

Dribble
    It doesn't matter where you get the transmission serviced as long as you use the recommended fluid. If your rig calls for Mercon V. It's not a good idea to use Mercon with an aftermarket additive. If the proper fluid was used they can't deny warranty.