Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nutritional Supplements

Mandelon
    Getting old sucks. Parts just start to hurt. Elbows, shoulders, knees, lower back. Years of use and abuse add up I suppose.
    Ya got to start eating better to keep the weight under control. I miss carne asada burritos and double bacon cheeseburgers....but the fact is most of the men from my Dad's side of the family only made it into their 50's. So the past couple years I am making a serious effort to eat more healthfully.
    Walking more, exercising more, hitting the gym pretty regularly. But it just makes some parts hurt even more.....shoulder and elbows especially.
    I started taking a couple giant fish oil capsules everyday about a week ago. I heard they have various benefits. I was interested in joint pain relief. I did the glucosamine and condroitin deal but i never noticed any effects. The fish oil seems to make a difference. Ya have to take them with meals or else you're burping up salmon flavor all day....the cats like it, but ya need to keep some personal space around you....I had one pop in my shirt pocket and I spent the day looking for that lost tuna fish sandwhich until I figured out it was me... LOL
    My wife thinks I'm silly but I have lately been taking a multi vitamin, glucosamine and chondroitin, saw palmetto, maybe half an aspirin, and on gym days some extra chromium piccolinate, along with O.N. Strawberry flavor protein shakes spiked with a banana and a yogurt.
    What are you taking? What for and does it work????

phebus
    Coors. It makes me feel much better and younger too.

Kilrtoy
    MAN-DE-LON
    heard you were low on PROTEIN...
    I'll give you some old man...

NashvilleBound
    I take 2IU of HGH everyday, 1000mg of Tes.....oh....Suppliments. ...like over the counter??? Lets see here....
    At 40 all you guys should start to take at least a Mens multi vitamin.
    I take COQ10(100mg), Carlsons Fish oil (2tbls) Vit E(400mg), C (1000mg) and DHEA (50mg) in the morning.... regularly.

XtrmWakeborder
    Do you get enough calcium? Some say supplement calcium when you are working out and stressing your skeletal system. Also, I have heard of people getting joint pain with too much vitamic C. " My best friend and his Dad" Maybe it's genetic, but i'm not sure.

XtrmWakeborder
    I take 2IU of HGH everyday, 1000mg of Tes.....oh....Suppliments. ...like over the counter??? Lets see here....
    At 40 all you guys should start to take at least a Mens multi vitamin.
    I take COQ10(100mg), Carlsons Fish oil (2tbls) Vit E(400mg), C (1000mg) and DHEA (50mg) in the morning.... regularly.
    No wonder you're so big...

RiverOtter
    I used to take a handfull of sups every morning. I started asking all the "Guru's" what would be the one they would take and hands down it was the fish oil. Even Dr's and Nurses are recommending fish oil now. I did get benefits from the MSM and Glucosamine. I stopped taking the chondroitin. I was still in alot of pain after running and read an article in Runners World the MSM and Glocosamine was more effective without the Chondroitin.
    Fish oil is great for your joints and your blood. I prefer the liquid to the tablets. No after taste.

NashvilleBound
    I have the never fail cure for pain from running... STOP RUNNING. Unless I am being chased just the thought of running makes me want to VOMIT!!
    Go back to the bike...your body will thank you

Ultra5150
    Keep your fish oil tabs in the freezer, you wont be burping up Cod all day.

uvindex
    I started taking a couple giant fish oil capsules everyday about a week ago. I heard they have various benefits. I was interested in joint pain relief.You heard right. Plenty of legitimate research (not just some guy at the vitamin store) shows the benefits of fish oil.
    For example, the National Institute of Health (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...t-fishoil.html) says, "There is evidence from multiple studies supporting intake of recommended amounts of DHA and EPA in the form of dietary fish or fish oil supplements lowers triglycerides, reduces the risk of death, heart attack, dangerous abnormal heart rhythms, and strokes in people with known cardiovascular disease, slows the buildup of atherosclerotic plaques ("hardening of the arteries"), and lowers blood pressure slightly."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast