Thread: 1968 Wickens Whirlwind

skyskier
    This was my Pop's last race boat. He built it in 1968 for ski racing. I'd like to know the whereabouts of it and if if might be for sale? He's got a house on Lake Coeur d' Alene Idaho with a Hallett 24 on the dock. He's 82 years old, everytime a ***boat of ANY kind goes by he gets "that look". You older guy's know what I'm talkin about and you younger guy's will one day have "that look". We used to terrorize Bass Lake one week every summer, at dusk from one end of the lake to the other. I think the only boat that beat us was a guy named Larry in a hydro named "whitemist"? Anyway's , I'd like to find this boat and take it up to him. And, for anybody wondering, at 82 years of age, I'd be the 1st one to shove him off the trailer at Long Beach Marine Stadium and turn him loose on some of the "young guns"
    Thanks in advance

Schiada Time
    Very cool story. I wish you luck in finding it. Try running the CF's through DMV and see what comes up. If it is still in CA you may be able to track it down. Also if you have the original Hull ID you can try running those #'s. It may take some digging but it is possible. Quickjet found his parents original flattie some 20+ years after his Dad sold it and is currently restoring it. He may have some tips. Throwing it out in these circles could drum up conversation and lead you to the boat. Keep us all posted on your quest.
    ST

v-drive
    The old guys rule. I sit and listen to my father in law(86) all the time.
    Good luck........ v-drive

Cool story for sure. Hope you find the boat.
    skyskier, I wonder how many guys here remember the Bean Pot? My first visit there was I think in 1971. Ordered a mexican pizza and we ate it down on the dock. Man, I can remember that like it was yesterday. lol

Racey
    Good luck finding the boat! that'd be one of the greatest things you could give to an old timer v-driver! The look on his face when you pulled up with his old boat would be price less.
    I get "The Look" everytime i hear a hot boat coming by esp down at the river, and i'm 23

Kool story... Hope you find the boat... OLD GUYS rule !!!!!
    Steve

QuickJet
    Very cool story. I wish you luck in finding it. Try running the CF's through DMV and see what comes up. If it is still in CA you may be able to track it down. Also if you have the original Hull ID you can try running those #'s. It may take some digging but it is possible. Quickjet found his parents original flattie some 20+ years after his Dad sold it and is currently restoring it. He may have some tips. Throwing it out in these circles could drum up conversation and lead you to the boat. Keep us all posted on your quest.
    ST
    Yup...The way my Dad's Lavey Craft was found was I had put a pic of it in my sig and noted that I was looking for it. Every time I posted it showed the pic of the boat with the message of "looking for this "65 Lavey Craft". And you guys know what a post w hore I am...
    Scott Davis (Boat Anchor) recognized the boat after seeing it in my sig as one owned by a friend of his. He got me in touch with the owner. We bought it back the next day.
    Also utilize as many boat Websites as you can.
    Hey Skyskier, Do you have the name of the people that your dad sold it to?
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...2&d=1189729055

FLATMVN
    Why don't you take the CF number from the pic that you have and take it to the DMV tell them you are trying to locate the boat and owner if it is still registered and see if they will help you. I did it with a boat that was from Idaho. They gave me the info I needed.