Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '93 25hp merc hop-up

nhbuoy
    HEY NAUGHTY, I'm a LOON MTN boy from WAY back!!!I'll bet you know a good friend of mine that I think is the GM at attitash and works the MT WASHINGTON buses in the summer...Tom Chasse...?I just sold my 20th anniv 84 1/2 mustang GT convert that I bought my wife new.(needed the $$$ and we both needed new wheels so....) Do you live in the cranmore/intervale area now?

naughtybynature
    hey snapper, how does he do that? my stock 13 pitch prop only spins 5000? does he hav a smaller prop. and if so, would the higher rpm bring more speed with a smaller prop?

naughtybynature
    back up the bus bouy... this mt. washington is on the west coast of canada... not that mt. washington on the east coast.. do you know how many times i got calls from people with an accent asking for info on MT. WASHINGTON!
    hehehehe. kills me. small world eh?

naughtybynature
    hey bouy, i just sold my 92 miata that was done to the nuts, now have a sebring convertible. had to get a back seat cause we now have 2 kids.

snappertapper
    he has it set so the cavitation plate is above the bottom of the boat by about and inch or two and he is runing 13 pitch also i think , with ym 35 johnson i could run almost 6500-6700 with an 11 pitch

naughtybynature
    i think i am right on the line with my hieght, if i go any higher i think the prop will be slipping too much. i know this because i can't trim it up very much anymore befrore the prop ventilates and loses grip, the boat really slows once this happens.when i made the transom plate i added another 1/4 inch. keep in mind that my hull is far from conventional being a mod-vp with a notched transom. what works for others may not work for me. i guess my biggest questions is that if i go smaller on the prop, say 11, will the gain in rpm give me more speed or will i loose speed with the smaller prop? hmmmmmmmmm. noeone in my redneck town can help with this. here a 25 is used on the back of your fishing boat to trawl with. HEHEHE

snappertapper
    im not too sure if the smaller prop will help or not but if you have vent holes cut in your prop you should be able to go higher!!!

naughtybynature
    just got back from the lake, if i trim it right to the point where the prop wasn't breeking loose, i was at 5000rpm exactly. if i went any more (wich wasn't much) the prop would break loose and speed would drop drasticly) i'm thinking i need less pitch and more cup to carry the nose like my 18 chopper will. then i think i will have the right setup. anyone at all with prop knowledge to help me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12