Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Illegals Flushed From Oklahoma

Old Texan
    If California were a nation, it would rank as the worlds firth largest economy. Illegals, whether you like it or care to admit it, support the largest industry (agriculture) in the world's fifth largest economy. I find it galling that anybody with half a brain would think that you could equate Oklahoma to California in terms of the economic impact of illegals. Of course, this is ***boat, so I continued to be amazed at what spews forth from people that live in million dollar houses, own $100,000 boats and can't begin to fathom what would happen to the world's fifth largest economy, and their lifestyle, if all the illegals were suddenly gone. Who's going to pick that broccoli? You? Me? My kids? You bet.
    You, sir, are a shining example of somebody that can't, or won't, see the big picture. I'm a realist. If California wanted the illegals gone, they would be gone by the end of next week. They don't. Period. The Federal government doesn't want them gone. Wars cost money. Who's going to pay for that war? Oklahoma? Tennessee? California pays for that war. You remember the war you wanted, right?
    So "Secede"...... If CA takes Pelosi, Feinstein, and Boxer along, the rest of us Po'Folk will be real happy.

Schiada76
    OK then.
    I'm sending everyone home from the machine shop. Sounds like you guys have it all under control.
    I'm not debating economic impact. But sounds like you are pretty proud of where you live regardless of the extremelly fragile foundation of iilegals holding it all up. Congratulations.
    Shockedgaybob has a big brown chip on his shoulder.
    Only 20% of ag workers are illegal BTW Bob.

superdave013
    If California were a nation, it would rank as the worlds firth largest economy. Illegals, whether you like it or care to admit it, support the largest industry (agriculture) in the world's fifth largest economy. I find it galling that anybody with half a brain would think that you could equate Oklahoma to California in terms of the economic impact of illegals. Of course, this is ***boat, so I continued to be amazed at what spews forth from people that live in million dollar houses, own $100,000 boats and can't begin to fathom what would happen to the world's fifth largest economy, and their lifestyle, if all the illegals were suddenly gone. Who's going to pick that broccoli? You? Me? My kids? You bet.
    You, sir, are a shining example of somebody that can't, or won't, see the big picture. I'm a realist. If California wanted the illegals gone, they would be gone by the end of next week. They don't. Period. The Federal government doesn't want them gone. Wars cost money. Who's going to pay for that war? Oklahoma? Tennessee? California pays for that war. You remember the war you wanted, right?
    Ok, now I know this is wishful thinking but hang in there for a sec.
    I would like to think this great nation would step up and do what it takes.
    We did not get through 2 world wars using illegal labor. Every time my 82yo mother-in-law steps in my shop she always talks about running a drill press during the war. I just get pissed that it's now always the "who's going to do these jobs". That's just not what the USA was built on.
    Like I said wishful thinking. Hell, I can't find an American that will de-burr parts. But I have my choice of them to work on my computer. We're truing into a bunch of fat pussies to proud to do the job if you ask me. And yes, it pisses me off.

speedymopars
    And by the way...
    "A spokesman for Tulsa's Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Francisco Trevino, said he believes the law – and its results – will hurt restaurants, construction companies and other service corporations such as lawn care."
    Am I the only one who finds that hilarious?
    Hey my gardener is Korean...

Seadog
    if you can't fnd someone to do the work, you either pay more, or you import them from another state, or both. My brother moved to Cali because the headhunters were willing to pay big to get nurses into the state. I am not opposed to Mexican laborers, but only after it is proven that you cannot find anyone willing to work and we can track their movement here in this country.

Ball-less is right.
    I call the police just about every day for one reason or another due to the day labors. Today I got the bright idea that if I could get rid of the roach coach that would cut down on trash and people shitting behind the dumpster.
    Well the cop said there is nothing that can be done to get rid of the roach coach because they are out on the street. He also said to keep calling everyday like I am and to not worry.
    I just had to ask, worry about what? He said that because those people are illegal that they probably won’t sue me for harassment.
    Sue me for harassment because I run off people for pissing in the bushes and taking shits behind the dumpster?? WTF is that about?? He also told me I should put out trash cans for them to use. I told him F no and I would be one sorry ass American if I did that.
    Try calling code enforcement or the county health dept. I friend was with code enforcement in Anaheim and those guy's seem to be more gung ho, he even beat one up at the 7-11 at Orangethorpe and Kreamer.

acatitude
    California cracking down on illegals????? come on our governor can't even speak english..... Him saying english as our only language would be like lesbians protesting pussy

Baja Big Dog
    Shockedgaybob has a big brown chip on his shoulder.
    Only 20% of ag workers are illegal BTW Bob.
    Bob is an asshole, no doubt, its usually his way or the highway, but he hit this one on the head, Ive said it before, gather up a few of your friends, relatives, and kids and cruise on down to a little town called Calexico, on the boarder of Cali and Mexicali, get down there around 3:30 AM, and stand around on one of the corners waiting for the bus (usually an old school bus, not one with videos screens for each patron) and a port-a-shitter on the back. They drop yo off in the fields and you pick, what ever is in season, you pick, and you take your pick to the foreman, he gives you a chit for what yo picked, turn it in at the end of the day and yo get paid, that's around 3-4:00 PM, and if your lucky you get some of the product you picked.
    Where did that 20% number come from?????
    This goes on each day, except Sunday, and the streets are FULL of guys waiting to pick produce, and oh yea, its some times well over 100 degrees while they are doing the above work.
    Pick a day when you would be interested in that type of work and Ill be glad to drive you down there!
    SWB would probably drive a few down himself!!! But don't call him Bob!!
    Where did that 20% number come from?????

fastprogasflat
    i've got a fairly new(@7yrs old) 2200sqft brick home on 5acres, with a barn, storm celler , 50 by 30 brand new steel shop and i've got less than 100k in it all my highest ele bill this summer was 190 and i keep the house COLD!my taxes last yr. cost me 600bucks,lol. gotta love low cost livin in okla.
    But you have to live in Oklahoma

The broccoli would get picked. The farmers would pay more to have it done. Broccoli prices would go up. Personally I'd pay more for broccoli any day vs the money paid now of free government handouts supporting illegal immigrants education, health care, the added crime factor, no insurance, on and on. We have laws not being followed. The laws were not put in place by dumbasses. The only ones that are dumbasses are the ones in Washington not following them.
    Before there were illegal immigrants broccoli got picked. Lettuce got picked. Yards got mowed. Construction got done. Nothing has changed other than government allowing illegal workers in that have no stake or responsibility to the United States. They come for money, undercut US workers wages because they have no commitment, many times inferior skills for similar work, many times send the money out of the US, use health care and education paid for by citizens for free.....
    I strongly disagree with the argument that no one would do the work. If that scenario developed wages would go up and all of a sudden broccoli would cost more but would be getting picked again. Lawns would cost more to mow but would get mowed. Capitalism has a way of working that out.
    The immigration system has procedures to legally immigrate to the US. Those who come here illegally (governments fault for allowing it) just dishonor all who went through the legal channels and waiting to come legally. Ask anyone who's been through that process how they feel about the illegal situation. It's flat out bullshit in my opinion.
    You think illegal immigration is ok and makes sense to protect cheaply priced broccoli and foreign workers here doing jobs others won't do... watch the video. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68265&q=number) This country will be an overun bankrupt shithole in another few decades the way things are going (not just Mexifornia, the entire US.)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast