Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Discussion Over At S&F.....

HavasuDreamin'
    It looks as though the owner of Mirage Boats is a Jacka** who doesn't stand behind his product. Those boats were pretty damn awesome when built by Brad Collins! It is a shame he doesn't build them any more.
    http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...threadid=27654
    [ February 03, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Skaterfast
    The lynk does't take you there.

HavasuDreamin'
    Skaterfast:
    The lynk does't take you there. DOH!!! devil It does now! smile_sp

Back To Havasu
    What year was Brad Collins' last year building the Mirage hull. In other words, if someone is looking for that hull, how old a hull do you look for to make sure Brad Collins built it?

HavasuDreamin'
    Back To Havasu:
    What year was Brad Collins' last year building the Mirage hull. In other words, if someone is looking for that hull, how old a hull do you look for to make sure Brad Collins built it? I thought it was '94, but somewhere in there I thought I read '96? So, I am not sure. Anyone else know what was the last year Brad made Mirage Boats?

mbrown2
    I thought it was 96/97. Also, that is sad what is happening to those hulls/molds. I almost bought one from Brad back in 92 after seeing it wax everything in HB tests and seeing the price...never did get one; hope to one day (a collins built version). Hopefully, when this idiot gets tired of building of a sub-par boat, maybe someone with a love for the Mirages and quick outboards will get those molds and start making some trick rigs....Their are several folks on the West Coast that do top notch rigging and layup...it would be great if one of these new boat builders out here could get those molds, and truly start making a great Mirage again....Maybe Froggy can get them, and offer an Outboard tunnel with his new boat co.; can't wait to see the rigging on his boats.

HavasuDreamin'
    mbrown2:
    Maybe Froggy can get them, and offer an Outboard tunnel with his new boat co.; can't wait to see the rigging on his boats. I would seriously consider buying a Trident Mirage if Froggy got ahold of the molds.
    [ February 03, 2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

mbrown2
    HavasuDreamin':
    mbrown2:
    Maybe Froggy can get them, and offer an Outboard tunnel with his new boat co.; can't wait to see the rigging on his boats. I would seriously consider buying a Trident Mirage if Froggy got ahold of the molds. As would I...just for that smooth quiet day on the lake or river, when you just need to let it out...A Mirage Jaguar with a 280SS has always been a boat I wanted...

Back To Havasu
    Add me to your list of prospective buyers Froggy.

Froggystyle
    Thanks for the good words guys, and without sounding like a total cretin... what does a Mirage look like? I have seen several different tunnel hull boats with the moniker "Mirage" on them.
    From what it sounds like, there is a market for a properly and professionally rigged version of this hull.
    Do you outboard guys like graphics? wink

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast