Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA NEWS...Bad break Blazers

DILLIGAF
    Think they are second guessing themselves for not taking Durant? Bad break for Oden and the Blazers.....
    Oden likely to miss 2007-08 season
    Associated Press, Updated 3 minutes ago:
    Greg Oden, the top pick in this year's NBA draft, likely will miss his first season with the Portland Trail Blazers after surgery on his right knee Thursday.
    Doctors found cartilage damage during an exploratory procedure, and team physician Dr. Don Roberts performed microfracture surgery to repair the damage.
    "There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all, he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal," Roberts said in a statement. "All those are good signs for a complete recovery from microfracture surgery."
    The 7-foot center is expected to be on crutches for up to eight weeks. Full recovery likely will take six to 12 months, the team said.
    Oden was the No. 1 pick in the June draft out of Ohio State, where he averaged 15.7 points and 9.6 rebounds.
    The Blazers scheduled a news conference Thursday to discuss Oden's situation.
    "Certainly this is a setback, but our future is still incredibly bright," Trail Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard said. "Is it disappointing? Yes. However, this is a great core of talent and players of strong character and will continue to be."
    It was Oden's second health problem since the Trail Blazers drafted him. He had a tonsillectomy in July after struggling in two Las Vegas summer league games.
    Oden recovered and had been working out in the Portland area. The MRI was taken Thursday, and Oden refrained from working out over the weekend.
    Despite being hampered by a wrist injury at Ohio State, Oden led the Buckeyes to the national championship game as a freshman. He had 25 points and 12 rebounds in the loss to Florida.
    Oden talked about the injury earlier this week in his blog. He said he had a sharp pain about a month ago when he was on vacation.
    "I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to seem like I was complaining or making excuses for anything. Plus I wasn't doing anything at the time I realized it hurt, so I figured it couldn't be anything big," he said.
    The Blazers open training camp Oct. 2. The regular season opener is at San Antonio on Oct. 30.

Jyruiz
    Yeah, that really sucks for them, hope he fully recovers and becomes the player everybody hoped he can be. It would suck if he turned out to be Sam Bowie part II.

Havasu_Dreamin
    It could be worse....he could have been drafted by the clippers.....

DILLIGAF
    It could be worse....he could have been drafted by the clippers.....
    Or the Lakers

AirtimeLavey
    Bummer. Hate to see a kid with such a promising career get off to this kind of start. Hopefully, he can recover fully, and be at it next season.
    Little over a month and it all gets going again! Can't wait!

eliminatedsprinter
    Or the Lakers
    Sure, getting on the Lakers really hurts a players career. All the extra fame, money, and championships have really messd up the guys that have gone to them in the past.

USCFAN
    Hopefully it won't be another Sam Bowie situation. He seems to be a good kid with a excellent attitude.

DILLIGAF
    Sure, getting on the Lakers really hurts a players career. All the extra fame, money, and championships have really messd up the guys that have gone to them in the past.
    I was just returning the pre-season volley of buckshot

AirtimeLavey
    I was just returning the pre-season volley of buckshot
    Hmmm... you're not even going to say anything fanciful about the Clippers finishing anywhere the Lake Show this year, are you? Especially now that we have D-Fish back.... Watch and see how well the Lakers do when they're not severely banged up. Still would like an upgrade, though.

DILLIGAF
    Hmmm... you're not even going to say anything fanciful about the Clippers finishing anywhere the Lake Show this year, are you? Especially now that we have D-Fish back.... Watch and see how well the Lakers do when they're not severely banged up. Still would like an upgrade, though.
    Already starting with the injury shit this year? Little early for that isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast