Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Levels

DILLIGAF
    Look at Mead and Powell :jawdrop: I don't know if these lakes will ever get back to where they should be. Not with the water use requirements and drought situation. Even if we get tremendous amounts of rain over the next 5 years I believe that normal consumption will continue the draw down.
    http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.shtml

Big Warlock
    If I was Mexico I would build a desalination plant as close as possible and then run the pipeline to the border. Someone will want to hook up to it very soon!!!

DILLIGAF
    If I was Mexico I would build a desalination plant as close as possible and then run the pipeline to the border. Someone will want to hook up to it very soon!!!
    Sad, but you are probably right.
    I am glad I can run my boat in the big blue

Sleek-Jet
    Look at Mead and Powell :jawdrop: I don't know if these lakes will ever get back to where they should be. Not with the water use requirements and drought situation. Even if we get tremendous amounts of rain over the next 5 years I believe that normal consumption will continue the draw down.
    http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.shtml
    Much of the upstream water shed is above normal right now... a big winter or two and Powell could be filled back up, of course, most of that will head downstream to Mead.
    Remember that the reason these dams were built was the epic flooding that has historically taken place... it'll happen again and the lakes will fill back up, just a matter of when.

Not So Fast
    Been saying that for a long, long time: too many straws just sucking the life out of the Mighty Colorado. NSF

Mardonzi
    From what I understand, Fontenelle and Flaming Gorge are at capacity... Sleek is right. One or two good winters and we are full again. Look what happened 3 years ago.. Powell came up 55 ft in one year and has held that mark pretty consistanly for the past 2 years

DILLIGAF
    Been saying that for a long, long time: too many straws just sucking the life out of the Mighty Colorado. NSF
    I agree with you on this one. We are even having to meet with MX and go over the water distrubted to them as they say we are not providing enough to them via the Co river agreement. F them!
    I would love to be wrong on this but I just don't see it.....

burtandnancy2
    On various news programs today, two records were broken. One, parts of Texas had the highest rainfall in recorded history, and California had the lowest. When you consider that the snowpack on the western side of the Rockies was very bad, and we're in our 8th year of drought, its pretty bleak for a quick return of proper water levels at Powell and Mead. Won't be long before we get water rationing (again)...

Trout66
    There must be plenty of water in Irvine, they're building thousands of new high density housing units as we speak. I'm sure the developers are going to widen all the freeways soon to deal with all the new people moving in.:idea:

Sleek-Jet
    :idea: YA'LL FORGOT ONE IMPORTANT NOTE, the Dept of Interior lady said earlier this year run as much water as needed to keep from rolling black outs by the states that use the water generated power, thats in effect till she says stop, it'll take more than one or two seasons to recover !!!keep dreaming.
    Powell's generators are pretty much shuttered, there's not enough head pressure to use them... I don't know about Mead.
    Most of the Hydro in the western US is comming out of the Pacific Northwest.
    Remember when Powell was 8 feet over the dam?? It'll happen again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast