Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reno Air Races

skyskier
    Whose the "baddset" P 51 running now. Last time I went was back in 82. Dago Red was the one. Is the Rare Bear still flying?

spectratoad
    They said in the news this morning that the jet pilot appears to have been caught in the wake of an aircraft in front of him during the race.
    Not sure who is top dog out there now. There was an article a few weeks ago and I think it was Rare Bear that was near finished from a total rebuild. Not sure about standings though.
    There should be some good speeds this weekend. The weather will only be in the upper 70's and light winds. Should be good.

spectratoad
    Well just heard on the radio that about an hour ago two formula racers collided and some debris also possibly hit some spectators. Races are temporarily off untill it all gets sorted.
    They didn't give any reports on pilot status.
    This makes four aircraft now.

SMFRiverRat
    Unfortunately, one killed. Any good news is that one landed safe. One or more pylon judges hit with debris. Races canceled for rest of day and possibly for the year.

spectratoad
    Unfortunately, one killed. Any good news is that one landed safe. One or more pylon judges hit with debris. Races canceled for rest of day and possibly for the year.
    Zackly........The second pilot is in the hospital I just heard. Pylon judges were not serious injuries.
    Now the other stuff has already started. The residents in the area. What if one of them hits my childs bus? What if one crashes into my house? etc....
    Now starts the move the air races parade.

Riomouse911
    Those races will get the heart racing faster than the planes fly!.. I remember my Dad's second wife's mom was on the airport commission many years back. I recall her saying the races weren't long at the present site due to sprawl, and that was back in the late 80's. They've lasted a lot longer than I thought they would there.. Now watch, after all the tragedies they'll end up out at Fallon NAS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12