Thread: 78 Biesemeyer Jet

dead_onion
    hi all,
    a month ago I came across a surprise in my northern michigan town...
    a 78 Biesemyer sitting on the side of the road with a sign that said "make offer". I picked it up for 200 including the double axle trailer. it was a divorce case and the x husband in 1982 stripped the boat of the engine/jet/gas tanks, and the wife filled the hull with dirt and used it as a planter, there was a 10 foot tall oak tree in it, along with some tomato plants.
    the only damage is some faded paint and fiberglass that has delaminated off of the stringers. I cut all the glass off, and they are not rotten.
    what sort of glass/epoxy is best to use? woven roving? mat? epoxy? polyester? anyway to tell what engine this boat had in it? I have a 460 in my wriedt boat, if it had a chevy in it, is it a big project to put in a ford?
    I tried pricing some gas tanks from Jetboat performace and was quoted 850 plus tax. can I get some for cheaper or make my own? where can I get seats or seat molds or shells?
    Josh

dragboat
    Tell me you got before pictures of the tree and tomato plants!

atxwrangler
    you can get tanks and other parts on ebay,cheaper than that,also look in the spam section here.you would be cheaper picking up a complete boat with engine pump,and other parts and swapping it all over to the new hull!