Thread: paint question.

jkh04200
    I'm in the process of replacing he door on the truck. And wanting to paint myself. I'm not scared but not sure on the process.
    I'm thinking:
    Sand it out good
    paint
    wet sand with 2000
    3 coats
    and same with the clear.
    finsish up with a buffer.
    Am I close to the process. Its a work truck. It looks good but I'm not gonna pay some 700.00 just to paint a door. Its not a show truck

When You Go In To Match The Paint ,and Find Out If It Is Base -clear. You Can Ask Them Some Questions.generaly You Don't Sand Between B/c. And I'd Say 400-600 B-4 Paint. Probably Gona Wana
    Get Some Primer In There In The Middle.(again Needs To Be Compatable With Paint System. Single Stage Is Eaiser Imo If You Can Match The Color Well Enougph May Want To Go That Route.(and Less $)

GAWnCA
    When You Go In To Match The Paint ,and Find Out If It Is Base -clear. You Can Ask Them Some Questions.generaly You Don't Sand Between B/c. And I'd Say 400-600 B-4 Paint. Probably Gona Wana
    Get Some Primer In There In The Middle.(again Needs To Be Compatable With Paint System. Single Stage Is Eaiser Imo If You Can Match The Color Well Enougph May Want To Go That Route.(and Less $)
    You can prep sand with 320 and then prime. Wet sand the primer with 320 and then color coat. Depending upon how smooth your color goes on you can color sand with 400 or 600 to smooth out any orange peel and then coat with clear. Just my 2 cents.