Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: want my last 8 mph

randy77zt
    this summer i radared my mirage at 102.its a 4 seater with a stock 2.5 efi,cle with bobs cone,merc 30 lab cleaver.it was running around 7200 rpm to 7300.the rev limiter on the a62 box kicks out at 8000.i dont want to mess with the engine-it runs all of the time with no problems.my calculations(my math might be off) show it should make 110.it is getting more set back-from 4" to 9".any suggestions?engine was set at 1.5" above hull.water pressure would drop if set higher.i will be able to run higher with more set back.

MikeC
    Wow, that is pretty Fast at the top end, especially with a stock motor... Just wondering, what would you estimate your 1/4 mile ET to be???
    19.5?
    Thanks for the info,
    MikeC

Skaterfast
    What 2.5?The 260 or 280hp?How much trim?It should be about even or a tad positive on the trim.
    Try a lightning ET.102 is prety good for 260hp,but for 280 there might be a little left.

nhbuoy
    HEY RANDY77zt...That sounds pretty good to me!!!You may want to go to www.screamandfly.com...They are REALLY into the type of boat & motor combo you're asking about & they REALLY know their shite & are good bunch of guys...If that rig has some left in it, they can certainly help/tell you the RIGHT way to get it there...GOOD LUCK...>>>LATAPOTATA>>>>>>>>>>

randy77zt
    the 30 cleaver cavatates out of the hole.i use it because i run in the delta in central ca and have 1000 miles of channels open after i launch with many bars and restaurants to cruise to.the boat came with a 26 chopper .it launches hard but hits the rev limiter at 97mph.i am trying to work on the effiency of the boat without opening up the motor.the motor is a stock 260.the cleaver gives me a 90 mph cruise at 6400 rpm.i have ran many miles at 90+ mph.

You Te
    Hey Mike C.,
    I show you some outboard et's at BBSP.
    You Te

MAXIMUS
    MikeC:
    Wow, that is pretty Fast at the top end, especially with a stock motor... Just wondering, what would you estimate your 1/4 mile ET to be???
    19.5?
    Thanks for the info,
    MikeC LMAO!!!

You Te
    Hey Maximus,
    Mike C. sure was not laughing when I raced him at the last BBSP and we only raced for about 200 feet before I shut it down.
    You Te

HavasuDreamin'
    My suggestion would be to experiment with other props. I am not sure a cleaver is best for your application. I would first try a 28" or 30" Lightning ET. Good Luck

MAXIMUS
    You Te,
    I think everybody knows you have a very fast/quick boat. No need to defend yourself. I just thought that was a really funny reply! Also its gettin a little boring with out any smack talkin! I wish you a merry Xmas!! Now tune that wacker up for the OSP & maybe if I get a hall pass I'll pop in!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast