Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: You Californians....SUCK!

DILLIGAF
    lol......Read all the reader comments at the bottom. Yep, Havazoo is the place to be
    http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2...ews/news01.txt

Riomouse911
    Hmmm.. being one of the few that were born in Las Vegas and left, I bet on the holiday weekends a lot of Californians go to jail there, too.
    The sad thing isn't the location where the clown was from, it's that the clown chose to drive 4,5,6 hours through the desert and act terminally dumb and get arrested/cited. I have an idea for the Mohave County Courts, have the guilty ones spend 40 hours sometime between May and September picking up trash on the side of the highway. After a couple of days in the heat, and heading home with skin "with the look and feel of hand-tooled leather", they'll tell all their friends,"Hey, dont be a clown in LHC or you'll get to do that, too."

BEER&WATER
    how many people are FROM havasu!!!!
    most everyone came from some place other than havi

GHT
    Damn Tom... I read all the comments and I realized that drama is everywhere not just here at HB... Holy crimany!!
    I could have swore that was a HB thread.. :idea:

BEER&WATER
    Lol!!!!!! How Many Did Not Get Cought ?????
    And Had A Good Time . Like Regular

DILLIGAF
    Damn Tom... I read all the comments and I realized that drama is everywhere not just here at HB... Holy crimany!!
    I could have swore that was a HB thread.. :idea:
    lol....I know, there is some crazy comments in there. As the world turns....and shit

IDRPSTF
    Makes me sick. I live here and love listening to people go on and on about how they hate Californians, they drove up the housing market and throw money around and act like life is a party. News flash!!! Havasu is a destination vacation town. People show up to have fun.. and having fun can cost money. And if the locals stopped treating vacationers like sh%$t and making so many laws its hard to keep up they may be able to make enough money from the tourists to live in a town where the cost of living has increased on par with the rest of the country. This town is full of homes but has very little commerce. Not everyone that bought a home has a local business or works in a local store. The housing market is dropping causing builders and those in real estate to find an alternate means of income. But its a flood of workers in a town with little work. I employ 6 people between 2 businesses in town and get swamped with applications every week. Unfortunatly I am watching retail sales drop off as vacationers are going elswhere. I am not afraid to ask around and I get the same two answers. "We dont go to Havasu because we want to have fun without being arrested". and "We get treated like sh^%t at local resteraunts and hangouts".
    So now as a business owner paying into this city I look to next summer and wonder if its worth it. Should I let everyone go and move the business back to California? Las Vegas is looking good for growth and premotes tourism? Or should I roll the dice on Havasu one more year and hope the attitude of an entire town changes? Its all a gamble. A gamble with my money. ANd thats money that came from California.

CAHotRodBoy
    Las Vegas is looking good for growth and premotes tourism? .
    Vegas has it's low points too. But, probably more potential for business and a greater pool of employees.

phebus
    Makes me sick. I live here and love listening to people go on and on about how they hate Californians, they drove up the housing market and throw money around and act like life is a party. News flash!!! Havasu is a destination vacation town. People show up to have fun.. and having fun can cost money. And if the locals stopped treating vacationers like sh%$t and making so many laws its hard to keep up they may be able to make enough money from the tourists to live in a town where the cost of living has increased on par with the rest of the country. This town is full of homes but has very little commerce. Not everyone that bought a home has a local business or works in a local store. The housing market is dropping causing builders and those in real estate to find an alternate means of income. But its a flood of workers in a town with little work. I employ 6 people between 2 businesses in town and get swamped with applications every week. Unfortunatly I am watching retail sales drop off as vacationers are going elswhere. I am not afraid to ask around and I get the same two answers. "We dont go to Havasu because we want to have fun without being arrested". and "We get treated like sh^%t at local resteraunts and hangouts".
    So now as a business owner paying into this city I look to next summer and wonder if its worth it. Should I let everyone go and move the business back to California? Las Vegas is looking good for growth and premotes tourism? Or should I roll the dice on Havasu one more year and hope the attitude of an entire town changes? Its all a gamble. A gamble with my money. ANd thats money that came from California.
    I live here too, and the element that that worrries that they might be arrested for having "fun" is the type of element I hope they drive out. For the people I know, having fun and complying with the law is no problem.

Todd969
    I live here too, and the element that that worrries that they might be arrested for having "fun" is the type of element I hope they drive out. For the people I know, having fun and complying with the law is no problem.
    Dude, lay off the gatorade, it's messing with your spanglish.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast