Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You Californians....SUCK!

ol guy
    What A f#CKING joke!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been going to that lake since the 60's (as a kid) and stayed with people that lived in town up MC BLVD, I saw the dredge for the bridge and was in the channel for the cerimony. Now a bunch of people move to the ciyy and call it their own and to hell with any vacationers. I will admit alot of people go anywhere and get treated bad and it is their actions that bring this on. BUT hey guess what that would be known as a tourist town. My big question is where did all the complainers come from if not California? I'll take a shot and say either Oregon or Washington, Drive into either state and see how you are treated and you'll get my point especially with a california plate on your'e vehicle.

Baja Big Dog
    Would all the Havasu natives please stand up!!!
    Besides chainsaws, what else is made in Havasu, oh wait a minute, where is that chainsaw plant????

Ultrafied
    I live here too, and the element that that worrries that they might be arrested for having "fun" is the type of element I hope they drive out. For the people I know, having fun and complying with the law is no problem.
    Very good, I agree!

Mrs.Racer277
    Makes me sick. I live here and love listening to people go on and on about how they hate Californians, they drove up the housing market and throw money around and act like life is a party. News flash!!! Havasu is a destination vacation town. People show up to have fun.. and having fun can cost money. And if the locals stopped treating vacationers like sh%$t and making so many laws its hard to keep up they may be able to make enough money from the tourists to live in a town where the cost of living has increased on par with the rest of the country. This town is full of homes but has very little commerce. Not everyone that bought a home has a local business or works in a local store. The housing market is dropping causing builders and those in real estate to find an alternate means of income. But its a flood of workers in a town with little work. I employ 6 people between 2 businesses in town and get swamped with applications every week. Unfortunatly I am watching retail sales drop off as vacationers are going elswhere. I am not afraid to ask around and I get the same two answers. "We dont go to Havasu because we want to have fun without being arrested". and "We get treated like sh^%t at local resteraunts and hangouts".
    So now as a business owner paying into this city I look to next summer and wonder if its worth it. Should I let everyone go and move the business back to California? Las Vegas is looking good for growth and premotes tourism? Or should I roll the dice on Havasu one more year and hope the attitude of an entire town changes? Its all a gamble. A gamble with my money. ANd thats money that came from California.
    I have never been treated like shiat from any of the residents or establishments there. Some of my best friends live in Havi. And when we are in town us girls make sure to shop and try to bring business to the local retail shops.
    I have had great service from the water co., cable co., and a few that have gone out of their way for me knowing that I am out of town. Cinnomon (sp?) plumbing, 3-d mail box, tiles gallore and even the co. that put in my cabinets all went the extra mile for us doing little things that they did not profit from.
    As for the residents in Havasu they are the best. Check on my house, water plants inside for me, call when there are events going on so I am included.
    Sometimes I wonder why I come home at all.

shueman
    Very good, I agree!
    +1 from me...

shadow
    I live here too, and the element that that worrries that they might be arrested for having "fun" is the type of element I hope they drive out. For the people I know, having fun and complying with the law is no problem.
    Great post Phebus!

shueman
    Less we forget, McCulloch moved his business from Cali....

BajaMike
    They out to have state money...so all the whiners can find out who's paying their bills.
    I don't really care, my potato chip will never get quaggaed in Havazoo...
    What??

Baja Big Dog
    Less we forget, McCulloch moved his business from Cali....
    Point being, where ever he moved it from, where is it now?
    And when you have a street called Industrial road, and best thing on that street is a Mexican restaurant you have a problem.
    There is no industry in Havi, period, and yes if you want to call boat builders industry (which they are) good, it doesn't take a crystal ball to say where the boat builders will be in another 5 years or so, does it?
    Im not sayin the locals need to kiss out of state peoples ass's, but don't diss us just because we want to bring a little money into your (Ill say yours because you live in it full time, Ive owned homes in Havi for over 35 years, but I don't consider it "my" town!!) town. Do you realize how much money is generated with a drunk in "publik" ticket?

Old Man Havasu
    I've heard comments from "locals" but the companies that take my money have no complaints.
    I talked to a "manager" at Bashes on the south side where I have a house and was told that business on the weekends was way down. I see few if any boats in the parking lot on Saturday morning loading the boat for a day on the water.
    Tonight I went to the Bashes Deli and left because it was virtually empty of product at 7 PM.
    No California money?
    But the launch ramps are empty!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast