Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You Californians....SUCK!

This is my take on havasu.. After all the stories about the crashes and the drinking and all the deaths. That is one place I have no desire to go. If you look at all cities with large waterways and lakes in the country. I bet most deaths and injeries are from drunk boaters. Cant just blame california on that. Havasu is the only large waterway in so. cal. in turn everyone goes there.
    Just my 2 cent

Lavey5150
    Wah-Wah-Wah:sleeping: , cry me a fogging river, w/ out the influx of Ca $ Havasu would be dead in the water....................

centerhill condor
    Wah-Wah-Wah:sleeping: , cry me a fogging river, w/ out the influx of Ca $ Havasu would be dead in the water....................
    he got it.
    CC

IDRPSTF
    To prove I know where my bread is buttered: Frisky Business 31 S. Acoma Lake Havasu City will now offer a 15% discount when you show your out of state drivers licence. We welcome tourists and vow to treat them right, and you've got my work on that. You show up in town and decide to shop at my store and I will show you that I appreciate you making the trip. This was put into effect at 2:00 todayn 08/15/2007.
    Also available at www.FriskyBusinessOnline.com
    And should you make the drive from out of town and PURCHASE a boat before Oct 1st 2007 from SmugglersInc. I will give you your money back for Gas to Havasu, Money back for your hotel stay, and fill a full tank of gas in the boat at a local Havasu gas station as a way of saying thank you for making the trip to our fair little town.
    I put my money where my mouth is. Anyone else care to step up?

3 daytona`s
    To prove I know where my bread is buttered: Frisky Business 31 S. Acoma Lake Havasu City will now offer a 15% discount when you show your out of state drivers licence. We welcome tourists and vow to treat them right, and you've got my work on that. You show up in town and decide to shop at my store and I will show you that I appreciate you making the trip. This was put into effect at 2:00 todayn 08/15/2007.
    Also available at www.FriskyBusinessOnline.com
    And should you make the drive from out of town and PURCHASE a boat before Oct 1st 2007 from SmugglersInc. I will give you your money back for Gas to Havasu, Money back for your hotel stay, and fill a full tank of gas in the boat at a local Havasu gas station as a way of saying thank you for making the trip to our fair little town.
    I put my money where my mouth is. Anyone else care to step up?
    Mathew, I have been all over this USA,in college towns,military towns,and in resort towns.I can tell you if you do not realize just because you butter the bread it does not matter.People,residents do not appreciate some outsider arriving in their community and thinking their shit does not stink. I can promise you the next year or two are going to shake out the real deals and the talkers. IMO

phebus
    Who did what and where they are from is not the issue, instead think of it as a economic wakeup call…
    In some economic markets when businesses raise their prices when the geographical location plays key role in supply, that will raise demand regardless. In this economy consumers are willing to pay more for the goods and services that are offered.
    A good example is Hawaii, since a high percentages of goods have to be imported so the supply is limited. And since most visitors/tourist cannot get to Hawaii via their own transportation, do to its geographical location, it is costly for them to bring unnecessary items (own food, drinks, personal affects) with them, thus they are forced to purchase these goods once there. The local economy is sustained thanks to the visiting consumers.
    In other types of economic markets when businesses raise their prices (because they feel they can) and when supply stays relatively unchanged, that can greatly lower the demand for the goods & services offered to all consumers, having an adverse effect on the local economy. Currently Lake Havasu is a good example of this economic imbalance.
    I am willing to bet that most visitors/tourist that go to LHC, drive there in their own cars, trucks, motor homes, etc., no matter where they live whether it be Arizona, California, Nevada, or Utah. With that being said if visitors are getting price gouged by businesses for whatever reason, human nature is to find other means. That can suggest that one would purchase all their food, drinks, and supplies for their trip at home and bring it with then. Then they are only purchasing what is needed (ice, gas, misc.,) having very little financial interaction with local businesses.
    So now we have people bringing most everything from home, because they do not want to be over charged, and have bad service experiences by the local businesses. If this sort of financial behavior continues, this is going to damage the local economy to almost unbearable conditions. As result crime will go up, property values will go down even more, and people will stop coming to Havasu, not only during boating season, but also during the snowbird season.
    Though I’m not a Havasu regular, I occasionally make an appearance there from time to time
    Great post.

3 daytona`s
    Mathew, I have been all over this USA,in college towns,military towns,and in resort towns.I can tell you if you do not realize just because you butter the bread it does not matter.People,residents do not appreciate some outsider arriving in their community and thinking their shit does not stink. I can promise you the next year or two are going to shake out the real deals and the talkers. IMO
    Before you respond all pumped up,think of something please.The town was started years ago did have an industry and for what ever reason dried up,that is a non issue to me.There was some one who did pay for the original streets,sewer,BRIDGE on and on.I keep shaking my head when someone blows into Dodge with a Piss-Pot full of money thinking he is the "MAN" I can tell you will always side with the "LOCALS" sorry

Mrs.Racer277
    http://www.friskybusinessonline.com/
    I have never been in there. I will make sure to stop by next time we are in town.

Jbb
    I have to wonder why is it that LHC seems to have such rampant crime by....I guess tweekers.....[not the brightest criminals I would guess.]
    I read over and over on these forums about people who's stereos,boats, trucks ect....are broken into.....Is law enforcement that lame there that this is a problem out of their reach?
    Makes me wonder if the local PD are just that overwhelmed ..or is it just a case of misguided priorities.....
    With all the crime I read about there......and I have been for so long......somebody isn't doing a very good job.....and If that's the case, as it appears to be ....why are you locals .....who I would guess are victims too....not jumping on the mayor, or city managers desk......demanding answers...

Tom Brown
    Makes me wonder if the local PD are just that overwhelmed ..or is it just a case of misguided priorities.....
    The PD is too busy processing drunks to deal with the real crime. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast