Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: You Californians....SUCK!

spectras only
    Makes me wonder if the local PD are just that overwhelmed ..or is it just a case of misguided priorities.....
    ......demanding answers...
    JBB , they all got transfered for duty in the CHANNEL :idea:. No time policing the town

Jbb
    The PD is too busy processing drunks to deal with the real crime. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
    JBB , they all got transfered for duty in the CHANNEL :idea:. No time policing the town
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: .................

Boozer
    So I tried to post on that website but it said my comment must first be approved.... So much for that comment. Censorship sucks!
    Oh yeah F*ck Havasu. The local want to whine and tell Californians to go elsewhere I say that you go elsewhere Californians. You take away the money that you are bringing into that town and it won't be much of a town for very much longer.

IDRPSTF
    I didnt walk into this town with a pot full of money. I walked in with a downpayment on a fixer upper house, enough to start a dealership for high end toys and enough to stock and pay rent on a retail store. From day one I have shown up at work when its dark and left when its dark. It took 7 months for my wife and I to spend a day on the water together that was not considered work. But the attitude of rich boy from California was directed from the beginning. I sat at Chamber meeting listening to people complain about the "Big Boats that have no place on the water". Thats what I sell, and those big boats run on $1000.00 of gas per day. I dont see gas trucks with California plates filling up boats at peoples homes before they hit the water, so local stations get that money. I take clients to Martini Bay and Che Bones when they buy something to introduce them to the local nightlife. I visit other dealerships to buy bid trade ins and help premote local business to business relationships. So no I did not walk in with a suitcase full of money and start my two stores as a hobby while I bask in early retirement. I walked in with a downpayment on the American Dream to build a brick and morter business in a town with growth potential. I give 2 single mothers a paycheck 2 times each month as a reliable source of income. 1 girl is now off full government assistance due to my employment and another puts food on the table each night for her and her family. The other store allows a semi retired man and his son to supliment a dwindleing government check. So shame on you for your accusation of me walking in and starting industry with a bottomless bank account! And lets not forget that one mans vision and hard work paid for the bridge, and the streets. And if your last name isnt McCulluch then step down from your pedestool because you have no right to judge or point fingers at who does what when they roll into dodge. The "Locals" in this town are dealing with low wages and high unemployment. We are on an island in the middle of the desert that is turning away visitors and the well earned dollars they bring. This town NEEDS those dollars or we will fast become what anyone would become if left alone on an island... you call it isolated... I call it stranded.
    And this isnt me responding all Pumped up... I am just working on a Sunday!

phebus
    I think you transferring blame to the city of Havasu, rather then looking at the impacts the housing market has had on tourism. Look at the amount of boats for sale right now, and talk to the boat manufacturers and ask them how busy they are right now. There is no doubt that the boat industry as a whole is afffected big time right now, and with the slowdown, comes a ripple effect to tourism traffic, and dollars spent.
    Don't blame a poorly timed business decission to enter the luxury toy market on the city.

IDRPSTF
    I have in no way said that SmugglersInc has slowed down. I have however watched the retail store drop in the last few months. My dealership does not depend on locals or local business. This is not to say that I do not appreciate either. I have a worldwide market with worldwide advertising. I opened in Havasu based on 365 days of fresh water sea trail time in a lake capable of handling 18 foot flat bottoms to 46 foot Skaters. I will be expanding out to Las Vegas in the near future but have no plans to close the Havasu office. I love Lake Havasu City and that is why I am so passionate about its overall improvement. I take a lot of flack for standing up and saying what is on my mind. But I also back it up with actions. Positive actions I hope.

NvrL84Fun
    Makes me sick. I live here and love listening to people go on and on about how they hate Californians, they drove up the housing market and throw money around and act like life is a party. News flash!!! Havasu is a destination vacation town. People show up to have fun.. and having fun can cost money. And if the locals stopped treating vacationers like sh%$t and making so many laws its hard to keep up they may be able to make enough money from the tourists to live in a town where the cost of living has increased on par with the rest of the country. This town is full of homes but has very little commerce. Not everyone that bought a home has a local business or works in a local store. The housing market is dropping causing builders and those in real estate to find an alternate means of income. But its a flood of workers in a town with little work. I employ 6 people between 2 businesses in town and get swamped with applications every week. Unfortunatly I am watching retail sales drop off as vacationers are going elswhere. I am not afraid to ask around and I get the same two answers. "We dont go to Havasu because we want to have fun without being arrested". and "We get treated like sh^%t at local resteraunts and hangouts".
    So now as a business owner paying into this city I look to next summer and wonder if its worth it. Should I let everyone go and move the business back to California? Las Vegas is looking good for growth and premotes tourism? Or should I roll the dice on Havasu one more year and hope the attitude of an entire town changes? Its all a gamble. A gamble with my money. ANd thats money that came from California.
    Agreed. I sure dont hear these people quoting any of the benefits from the extra tourism dollars, revenue, and the like. It would be very interesting to know how many people here complaining, were actually born in Havasu, thereby making them a true "local". I am one of the very very few people that I know that were actually born in Cali, so, does this give me the write to behave the way that you guys are?
    I think some of you guys need to think back to your younger days and remember some of the "fun" you had that could have gotten you into trouble. There are people who are trouble, always have been, and always will be, but to take the attitude that by virtue of purchasing property, this now makes you the local, I say again . . . . OH PLEASE!

DILLIGAF
    I just made a comment on the subject on the paper website. Lets see if it shows up or not

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345