Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Elect Me President

dirty old man
    The SECOND thing I would do after my inaugration is create the largest engineerng project on earth to this date. I would propose the engineering and construction of a huge water project to move excess water from the south and mid-west to the west involving syphoning and pumping into our existing lakes, dams and new resevours for the use of consumable water, irrigation water, hydrogeneration and finally recreation. This project would employ hundreds of thousands of people across many states and benefit almost the entire US.

yopengo
    The SECOND thing I would do after my inaugration is create the largest engineerng project on earth to this date. I would propose the engineering and construction of a huge water project to move excess water from the south and mid-west to the west involving syphoning and pumping into our existing lakes, dams and new resevours for the use of consumable water, irrigation water, hydrogeneration and finally recreation. This project would employ hundreds of thousands of people across many states and benefit almost the entire US.
    …and how do your propose to pay for it?

YeLLowBoaT
    Use illegals as labor...

DeltaSigBoater
    1000 Illegal Laborers x $80 per day x 6 days a week x 50 weeks a year =
    $24,000,000.00 Annually or $24,000.00 per illegal laborer before taxes!
    And since they are illegal the government wouldnt have to pay overtime, holiday pay, worker's comp, & medical insurance

BEER&WATER
    all illegals should get a gun to fight for the right to live here first !!! then they can get a shovel to to make a living

Cheap Thrills
    I think the effort of building a gigantic desalinization facility would prove more realistic. You guys got plenty of salty water that's alot closer.
    I see the other side of the coin too. maybe give some of the flood areas some relief which would be great, but flood areas are prone to low water seasons too. It would be like a lottery trying to figure out where to set the reservoirs,Pumps and pipe. I guess the facilities could be set where statistics show the most rain/ floods. It would be alot of money riding on and educated guess. Interesting idea though.
    I know you guys are having a dry season I hope you get some relief soon.
    Even though it's raining here now (finally!) We have been in about as bad a shape as the west end it's dry here too.
    If you get elected put a T in the line and run a little this way too OK..
    Best Of Luck
    T. Non Partisan
    T.

Classic Daycruiser
    Start with the prison system, then look at drafting any high school drop out with out a job. That should get it down to a few years. :jawdrop: :idea:

572Daytona
    I'm in the south and we don't have any water to spare at the moment and really haven't for quite some time. And it's enough of a fight sharing the water in our river systems with 2 other states (alabama and Florida). Florida keeps filing lawsuits saying they need more water released from the dam to protect endangered mussels (yeah right).

acatitude
    maybe you could just figure out how to use all the water that just flows into the ocean from the columbia river in oregon?????

cxr133
    Not to mention.. where are you getting all this land for this project from??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast