Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for this 1968 Wickens flattie

skyskier
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This was my Pop's last race boat. He built it in 1968 for ski racing. I'd like to know the whereabouts of it and if if might be for sale? He's got a house on Lake Coeur d' Alene Idaho with a Hallett 24 on the dock. He's 82 years old, everytime a ***boat of ANY kind goes by he gets "that look". You older guy's know what I'm talkin about and you younger guy's will one day have "that look". We used to terrorize Bass Lake one week every summer, at dusk from one end of the lake to the other. I think the only boat that beat us was a guy named Larry in a hydro named "whitemist"? Anyway's , I'd like to find this boat and do a complete restoration and take it up to him. And, for anybody wondering, at 82 years of age, I'd be the 1st one to shove him off the trailer at Long Beach Marine Stadium and turn him loose on some of the "young guns" :jawdrop:
    Thanks in advance

Looking at the picture, I would quess a Ford FE with high rise heads?

victorfb
    there is a very similar 69 aqua-craft (Wickens design) being sold in the spam section right now. not dads old boat, but it can be made to look like it atleast.

skyskier
    Correct!.......... this WAS THE powerplant of the day. My Pop sent me up to Stroppe marine in Signal Hill to pick it up, still in the crate. The 1st time he ran it, he threw it into a turn and all the oil went to one side of the pan and fried the engine. He had a buddy of his out in San Fernando Valley, Tom Davis, that was expierementing with a "new" deep sump type oil pan. Fixed that problem.

Kilrtoy
    This is the only section on the ***boat FORUMS you did not post this stuff, hurry up and get it here also
    Empower Marine Insurance Services

skyskier
    Not EVERYBODY spends their day looking at ALL the sections on HB.............some people work and some spend time practicing how to spin out a boat into the reeds without rolling it over Besides that, I'm trying to get my post count up!! SOooooooooooooooooooo. bite me

DeltaSigBoater
    skyskier
    Why don't resize the picture to fit in you signature line, then add a caption "Looking for this 1968 Wickens flattie"

Kilrtoy
    skyskier
    Why don't resize the picture to fit in you signature line, then add a caption "Looking for this 1968 Wickens flattie"
    Just because he is a simpleton, does not mean he knows how to do things the simple and easy way...
    He would rather eat up every forum on this site...

socalmoney
    skyskier
    Good idea. Here you go.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1189802683

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast