Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belicheck got off easy...compared to F1

Moe_Havi
    I wouldn't want to be the Chargers this Sunday.

Racey
    Ouch!

jbtrailerjim
    I pulled this quote out of an article I read this morning. It doesn't seem like the $100 mil is going to hurt them that bad. I had no idea these teams pulled in this kind of revenue.
    The $100 million fine imposed on McLaren is 40 times larger than the previous F1 record ($2.5 million).
    Still, Dennis argued the fine is effectively halved because McLaren doesn't have to forfeit any revenue it's earned this season. He added that the financial strength of McLaren also would help absorb the impact of the fine.
    "We still effectively have as an offset the revenue from the point earned to date," he said. "That will probably effectively halve the size of the check that we ultimately have to sign -- if we ultimately accept this fine.
    "We turn over roughly $450 million to $500 million a year and we are debt free, so we're a very strong company (with) phenomenal growth."

RitcheyRch
    Ouch

Racer277
    Hamilton is Bernie's Next Big Thing. Think James Stewart, only better, faster, and much more well spoken.
    It killed Bernie that this happened to his dream team (getting caught).
    Mclaren was caught with the docs that showed how Ferrari had been cheating. Bernie has said before, how Ferrari goes, F1 goes.
    He did the most he could without effecting his own interests.
    Ron Dennis must be seething...
    It's strange they would strip the constuctor's points and not the driver's since they are essentially one in the same. Are they saying the drivers didn't benefit from the spying but the team did? Doesn't make sense to me other than as a way to keep the drivers race exciting to the end of the season.

skygod73
    I wouldn't want to be the Chargers this Sunday.
    I don't think the Chargers will have any trouble getting up for the Pats considering last years stinging playoff loss. BELICHEAT is already on LT's sh!t list.

mbrown2
    I pulled this quote out of an article I read this morning. It doesn't seem like the $100 mil is going to hurt them that bad. I had no idea these teams pulled in this kind of revenue.
    That's still 20% or more of revenue without including expenses....they say they are dept free after 500mil turn over so that does not say what Ops cost...if someone penalized you more then 30-40% of your pay I would say that would be steep....definitely not pocket change to them in the scheme of things..

ROZ
    My bro , cousin, a few friends, and I are going to Boston to see this game... We'll be the ones with the sign that reads:
    N o
    B elicheck
    C heating
    Nice thing about Boston is that you can brawl with a guy one moment, and be drinking with him the next

scooooter7
    Nice thing about Boston is that you can brawl with a guy one moment, and be drinking with him the next
    Through crooked teeth huh?

HP350SC
    Nigel Stepney in Italy= dead man walking........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast