Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newest Russian Bomb Footage...

boatsnblondes
    All I can say is, My God....watch the shock wave arching out....the MOAB is in here also...
    http://www.reuters.com/news/video/vi...?videoId=66288
    Of course, now the US comes back out with a story of a bomb that is bigger than this one...so I gotta ask, at what point do we stop screwing around with conventional stuff and just nuke them back to the stone age...???
    Anyone wanna venture a thought or thoughts on this device in the hands of a country like Syria or Iran??? It could happen...also....here is another interesting read from Iran for today....
    But Mahmoud Ahmadinejad took a hard line against Israel, calling it "an invader" and saying it "cannot continue its life."

Freak
    These bombs scare me more than a nuke because the fallout getting back home was the deterrent to keep a nuke from being used. With these there is no deterrent.

thatguy
    These bombs scare me more than a nuke because the fallout getting back home was the deterrent to keep a nuke from being used. With these there is no deterrent.
    The fallout is a far second place to MAD. (Mutual assured destruction). A nuclear bomb is it's own deterent.
    EXCEPT, as B&B states, in the hands of a third world country who's only agenda is kill as many infidels as possible. With no concern of retribution.
    The bomb demostrated by Russia falls under the MAD type of deterent. It also appears to be a long way off on practical delivery method. Not saying it is impossible to use one on us, 9/11 proved that. But is highly unlikely we will ever see one come parachuting down. My .02
    Tommy

skygod73
    Am I the only one who see's what a POS Putin is? Did you hear he dissolved a portion of the govt and replaced them with a hand picked puppet. He is ex KGB and has no desire for true Democracy. I can easily see another cold war on the horizon. Not to mention the showdown with China and Iran that will come soon enough. I fear my son's generation will be left with the mess our gutless politicians are afraid to face now.

thatguy
    Am I the only one who see's what a POS Putin is? Did you hear he dissolved a portion of the govt and replaced them with a hand picked puppet. He is ex KGB and has no desire for true Democracy. I can easily see another cold war on the horizon. Not to mention the showdown with China and Iran that will come soon enough. I fear my son's generation will be left with the mess our gutless politicians are afraid to face now.
    Yes. Ideas?
    Tommy

skygod73
    Yes. Ideas?
    Tommy
    1. Remove head from sand.
    2. Admit who the bad guys are.
    3. Stop allowing said bad guys to buy all of our debt (China).
    4. Address the HUGE trade imbalance with China, and enforce trade laws.
    5. Prevent Iran (a proven state sponsor of terror) at ALL costs from becoming nuclear.
    6. Finish the job in Iraq before leaving (whether or not we should have gone in the first place is irrelevant now)
    7. Secure our borders, enforce immigration laws.
    8. Presidential mandate to eliminate our dependence on foreign oil w/in 10 years via alternative energy, improved efficiency, and increased domestic exploration/production/refinement capacity. Provide LARGE tax breaks to consumers who use products that promote alt energy & efficeincy. No more lip service politics during elections and State of the Union addresses. It's not bright providing oil $$$ to countries like Russia, Venezuela, and middle east.
    9. Reduce federal spending, and balance the budget.
    This is just the beginning of a long list of neglected priorities.

buzzaro
    Just watch Dr Strangelove, youll feel a lot better.

HIRED GUN
    oceans eleven had one...

PaPaG
    NO you are not the only one, at the rate they are heading us right back to the cold war era. The Russians are using the wealth from their newest oil conquests and have become a big player again. We really should be worried when within the next few years Russia starts to reach out and starts taking back the break away sectors of the old USSR. They want back full control of their region and more than likey they will get most of it back with Putin in charge. This is not hypothetical talk this is fact. They want it back by will or by force and if the US does nothing and waits til it is to late because of all the liberal and democrats pulling their crap and running roadblocks for the Russians, The Russians will succeed again to be a superpower that can threaten us at will. (anyone remember the McArthy days) We still have Syria, Iran, N. Korea, (bulk of the middle east) parts of South America, parts of the pacific rim including the next WORLD SUPERPOWER China buying power and might and everything in sight, we worry about the middle east but China has the money and the manpower to punch our lights out within the next 3-6 years....If not that then they will have the power to implode our economy if they feel we are a threat.
    I am not sure a lot of people read or educate themselves on world history and details of the current issues, they are real, they are fact, they are going to happen unless this country of ours steps up to the plate as it has done so many times in the past and tries to head off these issues at the pass. There is nothing written in stone that says the US will stay the Super Power above all. The day we lose that edge, the day that happens my friends is the day we are all in trouble....Yes even Hot Boaters

Freak
    The fallout is a far second place to MAD. (Mutual assured destruction). A nuclear bomb is it's own deterent.
    EXCEPT, as B&B states, in the hands of a third world country who's only agenda is kill as many infidels as possible. With no concern of retribution.
    The bomb demostrated by Russia falls under the MAD type of deterent. It also appears to be a long way off on practical delivery method. Not saying it is impossible to use one on us, 9/11 proved that. But is highly unlikely we will ever see one come parachuting down. My .02
    Tommy
    I understand your point. I think that was a selling point to the general public. For the people pushing the button I think it was a little different. MAD was a non issue because they think they can win the exchange. The aftermath is what cannot be controlled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast