Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 496 ho vibration

3queens
    have takin out the slip in mufflers,when in drive hear a vibration from the exhaust? could also feal it in the floor had rpms at 850-925 i have about 30hrs
    on the motor no mods. if i bump past it to 1000 rpm goes away?
    any and all input is appreciated!!!
    thanks and tgif
    p.s did not have this when exhaust muff in place

LHC30Victory
    my engine mounts came a little loose and caused similar feelings of vibration....not related to exh but check anyway maybe the installer forgot to tighten the jam nuts..

cobalt222
    my engine mounts came a little loose and caused similar feelings of vibration....not related to exh but check anyway maybe the installer forgot to tighten the jam nuts..
    u may have flappers in the exhoust system that keeps water from intering the system when sitting in the water.my boat dose the same thing at low rpm.sounds like something comming apart.put ur hand on the pipe to see if u can feel it towards to end of the out let

jojoshow
    Yes, that is true. We removed the exhaust mufflers and installed the dana shorties with the flap. At low rpm it will rattle. It freaked me out too. Check everything else out just to make sure. But that sounds like the problem.

Beer-30
    Below 1000, the flappers are clanging in the tube. Above 1000, they are held away from the pipe.
    I just took a long chisel and knocked off the weld on either side of the flapper. Removed the metal ones and left the black rubber ones on the end.
    Mercruiser demands two forms of reversion protection for warranty. One is sufficient.

3queens
    the flappers are external just wrap around outer pipe tip
    did not have noise when mufflers in
    possible ecm reaction to less back pressure?
    or just paranoid
    but there always watching

Trailer Park Casanova
    Yep Engine mounts.

Throttle
    baffles / flappers :idea:
    normal

Throttle
    while motor is at idle, pop hatch, place hand on pipe and you can confirm the vibration and feel the flappers...

Throttle
    listen carefully...
    hope all is well with you and the girls, c ya soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast