Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sea doo boat ran aground on sand bar !

Blown Lavey
    Last evening we were just leaving the sandbar around dusk and we see this sea doo boat coming down river.
    We look at each other as this guy is coming up to the sandbar at 35-40 mph and not slowing down. He doesn't slow down and charges right up and on and almost through the sandbar throwing all the passengers (4) around in the boat and almost rolling the boat in the sand when it hooks. Yard sales the crap in the boat everywhere. I walked it off and he traveled roughly 120 ft through the sand.
    We go check to see if everyone is ok and all are ok except one guy who has a golf ball size lump on his forehead. Well 2 hrs of towing yanking and pulling and we managed to drag him off and back in to the water thanks to another pontoon boat that had extra rope and 8 people pushing and yanking.
    After all is said and done the guy thanks us and proceeds to head back up to Topock. My buddy and I were a little pissed to say the least. No offer to pay for the anchor rope he ruined, dinner, beer, 20 bucks for gas etc. We saved him at least 500-750 dollar sea tow bill.
    I'm glad we were able to help him (good Karma) but I don't get people being so tight. If anyone knows this guy, supposedly they have a spot in topock(white and maroon Sea Doo Islandia boat) tell him he owes me 25 for the anchor rope, and dinner for my buddy, me and the wife who had to cook for us at 10:30 last night.

Wet Dream
    He didn't offer anything to you because he figured nobody was smart enough to take pics of the ordeal after 2 hours, so there was no need to keep such evidence "hush hush". Yeah, its good to have people like you to help another boater, ther was a great thread about such things just recently...BUT YOU DIDN'T TAKE PICS!!!!

MBlaster
    Good karma, but sucks to have to blow all that time saving someones dumb ass.

sleekcraft137
    Last evening we were just leaving the sandbar around dusk and we see this sea doo boat coming down river.
    We look at each other as this guy is coming up to the sandbar at 35-40 mph and not slowing down. He doesn't slow down and charges right up and on and almost through the sandbar throwing all the passengers (4) around in the boat and almost rolling the boat in the sand when it hooks. Yard sales the crap in the boat everywhere. I walked it off and he traveled roughly 120 ft through the sand.
    We go check to see if everyone is ok and all are ok except one guy who has a golf ball size lump on his forehead. Well 2 hrs of towing yanking and pulling and we managed to drag him off and back in to the water thanks to another pontoon boat that had extra rope and 8 people pushing and yanking.
    After all is said and done the guy thanks us and proceeds to head back up to Topock. My buddy and I were a little pissed to say the least. No offer to pay for the anchor rope he ruined, dinner, beer, 20 bucks for gas etc. We saved him at least 500-750 dollar sea tow bill.
    I'm glad we were able to help him (good Karma) but I don't get people being so tight. If anyone knows this guy, supposedly they have a spot in topock(white and maroon Sea Doo Islandia boat) tell him he owes me 25 for the anchor rope, and dinner for my buddy, me and the wife who had to cook for us at 10:30 last night.Like you said "karma"....with all the people he had in the boat, he probably ended up stuffing his boat under his trailer when he was on the launch ramp trying to pull it out.

Blown Lavey
    He didn't offer anything to you because he figured nobody was smart enough to take pics of the ordeal after 2 hours, so there was no need to keep such evidence "hush hush". Yeah, its good to have people like you to help another boater, ther was a great thread about such things just recently...BUT YOU DIDN'T TAKE PICS!!!!
    By the time we made sure everbody was alive, it was dark. First thing wife said this morning when we talked about it was should have broke out the camera phone .

CHAD1
    What Was The Reason For Running Up On The Sandbar????

Wet Dream
    By the time we made sure everbody was alive, it was dark. First thing wife said this morning when we talked about it was should have broke out the camera phone .
    It was too dark for him to find his wallet too.

79 Howard
    i can see where you are disappointed that the guy didn't show you the courtesy he should of and didn't offer anything for your rope and time. I also figure maybe he was a little dazed and concerned for his people and boat but good for you being a boater helping a boater and all good things never go unpaid. You have to remember he owned a Sea Do boat [ ugg]. 79.

WishIknew
    I'm glad we were able to help him (good Karma) but I don't get people being so tight. If anyone knows this guy, supposedly they have a spot in topock(white and maroon Sea Doo Islandia boat) tell him he owes me 25 for the anchor rope, and dinner for my buddy, me and the wife who had to cook for us at 10:30 last night.
    The gorge is turning into the same as the Parker Strip of the 70's!!!!!!!!!! Not that you would have taken any money any how it's just the point these Idiots need to go back under the rock they came from.

WishIknew
    What Was The Reason For Running Up On The Sandbar????
    BEER????????

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast