Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Outboards

HavasuDreamin'
    Well a good friend of mine just got on the internet at www.***boatcharlies.com If anyone is interested in a fully restored vintage outboard, give Charlie a call. He restores vintage outboards of all kinds. If he doesn't have what you are looking for, chances are he will get it within a few months.
    The last time I was at his shop, he had about 15 fully restored motors ranging from the 30's to the 40's/50's that were truly beautiful. He does a great job restoring them. Scott Atwater, Merc, Johnson, Evinrude, etc. including motors I have never heard of. He has them all!
    The day I was up there, he had taken in a 4hp Johnson from 1933, put it in his tank, and fired it up. The sucker ran like a champ (although all the motors he sells don't necessarily run).
    If your not interested in an old whacker, then tell a friend.
    Way to go Chuck.....it only took you how many years to get on the net? idea2
    PS.........the lucky focker is on vacation during the entire month of January, so if you don't hear from him till Feb., don't sweat it!
    [ December 17, 2002, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

HavasuDreamin'
    Nice Outboard.........one of many........
    [img]http://www.***boatcharlies.com/Merc%207.5%20hp%20KE-4%20Rocket%201948.jpg[/img]
    [ December 18, 2002, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

HavasuDreamin'
    Man is it dead in here No real posts other than myself wink in at least a day or two.

=PAYED CA$H=
    THAT MOTOR BELONGS ON A WATER TAXI AND NOTHING ELSE. COMMON IF YOUR GOING TO TRY AND HELP SOMEONE OUT WITH SELLING SOMETHING AT LEAST MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A DORK....

HavasuDreamin'
    =PAYED CA$H=:
    THAT MOTOR BELONGS ON A WATER TAXI AND NOTHING ELSE. COMMON IF YOUR GOING TO TRY AND HELP SOMEONE OUT WITH SELLING SOMETHING AT LEAST MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A DORK.... Well to tell you the truth, I really am not trying to help him sell any motors. He has plenty of buyers in his area as it is, and as far as making me look like a dork........I guess I don't understand your comment, but whatever.
    I just thought I would let people who might be interested in old O/B know that there is a guy who restores them. Nothing more, nothing less.

HD,
    I checked out your buddys site. Cool stuff. I guess I'm a dork. I have a '46 sea king that my grand pa bought brand new and I still use it now and then to go fishing or just for something to do. I wish it was a merc or and old evinrude, but it's not. But the fact that it was his makes it cool to me. I love most old shit and these old kickers are just one more thing I like.
    Thanks for posting it.

HavasuDreamin'
    old rigger:
    HD,
    I checked out your buddys site. Cool stuff. I guess I'm a dork. I have a '46 sea king that my grand pa bought brand new and I still use it now and then to go fishing or just for something to do. I wish it was a merc or and old evinrude, but it's not. But the fact that it was his makes it cool to me. I love most old shit and these old kickers are just one more thing I like.
    Thanks for posting it.Hey, all the old outboards are cool regardless of what brand. Just something about having a little piece of boating history that is cool to me. I have a 40's Merc Super 5 sitting in my garage. I bought it off of Charley unrestored as I wanted to restore it myself. Needless to say, it still needs to be restored.........maybe next winter. Thanks for the good word on the site. smilespi

snappertapper
    So what if he is trying to sell for him you wouldnt help a friend out?

Back To Havasu
    Charlie is a good guy, with a great product, and you are a good friend for telling us about it. Count me among the dorks, I guess. I would love to have a Mercury Mark 58 or an old Flying Scott 60. New technology is wonderful, but tracing the roots and history of the marine performance industry development is facinating, at least for us dorks...

HavasuDreamin'
    Back To Havasu:
    Charlie is a good guy, with a great product, and you are a good friend for telling us about it. Count me among the dorks, I guess. I would love to have a Mercury Mark 58 or an old Flying Scott 60. New technology is wonderful, but tracing the roots and history of the marine performance industry development is facinating, at least for us dorks... If I come across a Mark 58, You can bet I will pick it up for ya! What year(s) were they and what HP rating. I need to make sure I have the right motor. idea2
    [ December 19, 2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast