Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Horn Sheep / Hunters will like this !

Sleeper CP
    A good friend of mine is a world class hunter,scout & taxidermist. He gets paid big bucks to scout sheep for hunters all over the world. This is the Governors tag from Montana that he scouted last week. The guy that got the tag was a 22,000:1 shot.
    I only know a little about the #'s ratings on these things ( I shoot, but I don't hunt and think that animals like this should be left alone for the most part, IE, I think they are more majestic in nature than hanging on a wall someplace) with that said the measurement are 194.42"x40x16 1/4 base I think.
    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...007loers2.jpg?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Racey
    That thing looks HUUGE!! a few years back my buddy's old man got his once a lifetime tag for a big horn, i think he ended up with about 90lbs of meat off it, pretty good stuff.

Sleeper CP
    That thing looks HUUGE!! a few years back my buddy's old man got his once a lifetime tag for a big horn, i think he ended up with about 90lbs of meat off it, pretty good stuff.
    I got a call out to see where it stands in the record book. It's huuge I just dont know how big. Here is another pic I didn't have time to post earlier.
    http://i201.Photobucket.com/albums/a...007logroo.jpg?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

phebus
    Wow, what a shame..................

Debbolas
    We have Big Horned Sheep in our Cucamonga Wilderness, they are endangered.
    I have seen them while backpacking there. It's amazing to just look over and see this animal run UP the side of the mountain.

Baja Big Dog
    That thing is huge and beautiful.. and I agree with you, I hunt everything and anything, but if I don't eat it, I don't shoot it, Im all in favor of herd management, and in many cases it is necessary, and justified. (unless its a fricken coyote that kills calves or fricken destructive squirrels!) I have shot sheep, and its a real challenge cooking, my mom used to cook most of the game my dad and I shot, she was a wizard at making game meat not taste like game meat!!!! The sheep was the challenge, she was an expert on lamb being Armenian, but this one through her for a loop.
    I bet the guys a Boone and Crocket are taking the measurements one this monster!!!
    Tell him I hate him!!!!! And I would like to shake his hand!!!
    What are the details on the shot...gun, cal, distance etc?

Kilrtoy
    Wow, what a shame..................
    No shit, I dont get people who kill beautiful animals like this...

YeLLowBoaT
    No shit, I dont get people who kill beautiful animals like this...
    its called conservation. which is better? kill off a few animals, or have them over populate an area and have them all starve?

Froggystyle
    That thing looks like a water buffalo. Would have loved to have seen that thing alive...

SummerBreeze
    Wow...... Grandpa Sheep!!! Look at his teeth
    I bet that thing will be tough as hell to eat

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast