Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ski Racer needs a liver....help get the word out...

RiverToysJas
    I'm passing this word along from an old river friend of mine, who is also a ski racer. His cousin and fellow ski-racer is fighting liver desease, and needs a new liver, badly. Lets all keep him in our prayers, and pass the word along. Below is the email I got from my buddy, and link to his cousin's website....
    "Hey all, I just wanted to get this out there as you may or may not know my cousin Mike McGookin has been fighting a liver disease for sometime. This is the reason he had to drop out of the sport he loved to do, ski racing. I for one miss having him at the races! Any way I just wanted to get this out there to help in any way I can. If you visit the web site and read below you will see what he has been going through and another way to possibly get a liver sooner for him. In hopes of helping him find a liver wanted to get this out to as many people as possible. I would appreciate it if you took the time to check out the site, read about my cousin and forward this to any and all you know and if you feel like sign the guest book he likes to hear from everybody.
    Thank you in advance!
    Gery
    His website address is http://www.caringbridge.com/visit/mikemcgookin
    Please keep in mind that he can receive a liver from someone who has been a designated donor. If you know someone or someone you know, knows someone, that has had a tragic accident and is capable of being a donor, the family can designate the liver to go to Mike. The donor has to be an "O" blood type. The liver would go straight to Mike and save his life. UCLA has let us know they will have it shipped from out of state. Please tell your friends and family this. I feel the more people that know this, the better our chances are of having Mike healthy again soon. Thank you."
    RTJas

markc
    Were all pulling for you Mike, hang in there brother!!

RiverToysJas
    Bump....
    RTJas

MRS FLYIN VEE
    thoughts and prayers on the way and also keeping an eye and ear out for a donor.. Maybe you should sticky this to the top Jason.. :smile:

RiverToysJas
    thoughts and prayers on the way and also keeping an eye and ear out for a donor.. Maybe you should sticky this to the top Jason.. :smile:
    Thanks.....I forgot, I can do that now.
    RTJas

OGShocker
    Mike is a great guy and so are you Jason.
    MarkC and I pulled Mike on a practice run to Catalina. We were in a 22' daycruiser running around 45 MPH average. I looked back and in all that mess I could see Mike back there with this big grin enjoying the moment. We are thinking of you and your family Mike.
    MarkB

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
    He is in our prayers......we'll keep our eyes open..........

catalinaskiracer
    Mike, You hang in there this is your year! I feel it! To Jason, that posted my cousins web site and to all who have responded, I thank you!! It means alot to Mike, he is one of kind! To all please pass the word, visit the site, sign the guest book he loves to hear form and about all! Again thanks for all the support and take care! With God's grace Mike and I will be skiing the Catalina ski race very soon!
    Thank you all!
    Gery S.

RiverToysJas
    Mike, You hang in there this is your year! I feel it! To Jason, that posted my cousins web site and to all who have responded, I thank you!! It means alot to Mike, he is one of kind! To all please pass the word, visit the site, sign the guest book he loves to hear form and about all! Again thanks for all the support and take care! With God's grace Mike and I will be skiing the Catalina ski race very soon!
    Thank you all!
    Gery S.
    No thanks needed Gery, I am glad to help in any way I can. If not for my first invite to the river from you, some 15 years ago, I might not even be boating today. If not for the deal you gave me, I wouldn't have been able to buy a house at 22yo either. I appreciated that stuff then, and I still appreciate it today. I owe you a lot Gery, so thank you!
    Now lets all help Mike get better, and have a big party out at the river again ..... like old times!!! :crossx:
    RTJas

craiginlaverne
    i grew up with mike here in la verne. hes a good dad and hard worker. i know, i worked for performance transport for a short time. i heard he was sick from brian (KSH marine) i didnt know he was that sick. my family and i will pray for him and i hope he gets a liver soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast